2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reinstalled my oem intake from stock, to stock because i was curious as to what I could do to generate more induction noise without any aftermarket modifications just by loosening the lid slightly and it all went fine for a about a week until now. I had a much louder blow off sound but slightly reduced boost and a little bit of turbo lag which I didn’t mind if I could just return later and re attach the airbox lid. After doing so today I noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction in the stock induction noise from what the car came like. Yes I’m aware the way the car comes factory it’s not very loud but this just sounded even less loud than that. Normally it’s a small “pshh” but now it’s just a little “psst” and that’s it. Yes when I had the intake lid cracked open a little it was a massive increase but ever since I removed the entire box and put everything back together it just sounded much quieter. It almost sounds stock now when it’s open. I removed the entire box from the car along with the first tube from the intake leading to the valve on the other side of the engine. I’m not sure if maybe the intake lid is muffling the air filter, or if I may have a pipe loose or whatever the case may be I can’t figure it out. Please advise.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
If something else was loose enough you’d probably have even more lag and power loss. Sounds to me like you’re starting to get used to the noise. Go back and do it all again, double check your work and see what happens.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If something else was loose enough you’d probably have even more lag and power loss. Sounds to me like you’re starting to get used to the noise. Go back and do it all again, double check your work and see what happens.
I will bro thank u for the reply I prolly am just bugging but still helps to hear it from someone else as well thank u again bro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts