2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.0 6MT San Marino Red
31 Posts
Don’t get me wrong. I like my 2.0 accord, but……2 liters were meant for juice and soda.😂
View attachment 7053
Honestly, you’re right. I miss my 04 GTO (LS1) every day I get on the highway to work as far as pure driving enjoyment. Once I get a little further along in life, I see myself with another LSX fun car.

As far as a passenger car commuter engine, you could argue the 2.0T is a bit overpowered even for the Accord. A lot of mid-sized SUVs + luxury sedans (e.g. Audi) on the road use this same engine size, and my 6MT breaks traction gears 1-3 bone stock. As much as I hate turbo lag and miss low-end torque (terribly), this thing can’t be denied as a daily driver in my mind.

Some might also make the argument that these 2.0T engines can make more power gains more easily and efficiently than a V8. Because it’s already built for boost, cranking it up with a tune alone gets massive gains, but an LSX really needs H/C/I before it’s worth going down that road—more money, work, and tearing into the engine.

But we circle back to the same question. Do you want to be practical or awesome?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, you’re right. I miss my 04 GTO (LS1) every day I get on the highway to work as far as pure driving enjoyment. Once I get a little further along in life, I see myself with another LSX fun car.

As far as a passenger car commuter engine, you could argue the 2.0T is a bit overpowered even for the Accord. A lot of mid-sized SUVs + luxury sedans (e.g. Audi) on the road use this same engine size, and my 6MT breaks traction gears 1-3 bone stock. As much as I hate turbo lag and miss low-end torque (terribly), this thing can’t be denied as a daily driver in my mind.

Some might also make the argument that these 2.0T engines can make more power gains more easily and efficiently than a V8. Because it’s already built for boost, cranking it up with a tune alone gets massive gains, but an LSX really needs H/C/I before it’s worth going down that road—more money, work, and tearing into the engine.
But we circle back to the same question. Do you want to be practical or awesome?
I agree, anything with a turbo is easier to make more power for sure. That being said, its not uncommon to see 50-60 whp with just headers and a tune. I actually sold my TBSS to buy the accord. Too many gas guzzlers. My 2.0t is going to stay bone stock. It’s more my wife’s car than mine.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
I like the 2.0T. It's an economy car when I want it to be (mine gets noticeably better fuel economy than the 2.4L in my '07 did) yet there's tons of low-end torque there. We'll see how it does in ten years, but right now, this engine suits me better than a V6 would.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the 2.0T. It's an economy car when I want it to be (mine gets noticeably better fuel economy than the 2.4L in my '07 did) yet there's tons of low-end torque there. We'll see how it does in ten years, but right now, this engine suits me better than a V6 would.
I also like the 2.0T it’s the perfect compromise between economy and performance. I usually drive a little aggressively, but for some reason when I’m in this car, I drive like an old granny. I wish the sport mode wouldn’t hold the gears for so long, it’s more of a track mode than sport mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.