2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acura MDX's interior light recognize my fob and the interior light come on when I approach. This is great at night for safety. I have a 2022 Honda Accord EX-L and wanted to know if this is available? If so, where can I find it on the car's System screen?

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
I know the feature you're speaking of in Acura's (wife has '19 TLX) to my knowledge I don't know of a setting that will do this in Accord's. However, have you tried unlocking the doors with the fob as you approach the car to see if this will do what you are desiring? I never use mine to unlock my car I just stick my hand in the handle to unlock the door so I can't confirm this will do what you want.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
521 Posts
I know the feature you're speaking of in Acura's (wife has '19 TLX) to my knowledge I don't know of a setting that will do this in Accord's. However, have you tried unlocking the doors with the fob as you approach the car to see if this will do what you are desiring? I never use mine to unlock my car I just stick my hand in the handle to unlock the door so I can't confirm this will do what you want.
I was just thinking the same thing, gonna have to check later tonight...

ETA - 2019 EXL interior lights come on when you unlock the car via remote. Not as magical as having the car recognize and respond to your approach but it's something...

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
I just used my fob to unlock my doors and can confirm that the interior light(s) will come on along with headlights (if you have them set to auto). I also have puddle lights installed on my car and they too illuminated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.