2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a little blue button (see attached image) under the driver side below the steering wheel towards the left.
Anyone know what this button is for?

I have a 2021 Accord Hybrid Touring.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a little blue button (see attached image) under the driver side below the steering wheel towards the left.

Thanks in advance! View attachment 5798

Thanks in advance! View attachment 5798
Thats not factory. It could be a kill switch so the vehicle is not stolen, maybe?

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Not sure exactly where it is attached to. It goes up behind the OBD port. When pushed, my accord gets a turbo boost (kidding 😅). I pushed it once by accident, and nothing happened.
If your car was purchased new (not pre-owned) I'd be going back to selling dealership and having them tell me what it's for.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Looks like a dealer installed security system, have something similar in same area. Especially since you said its connected to the obdii.
OP stated he didn't know what it was attached to it goes up behind the OBD port...
Not sure exactly where it is attached to. It goes up behind the OBD port. When pushed, my accord gets a turbo boost (kidding 😅). I pushed it once by accident, and nothing happened.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
If your car was purchased new (not pre-owned) I'd be going back to selling dealership and having them tell me what it's for.
I agree. This was my next plan. Thanks!
Any updates on what you found out regarding the switch/button?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like a “KARR” security system or “Tracker.”
Any updates on what you found out regarding the switch/button?
Just went this morning to the dealership. They did confirm it was a dealer installed KARR security system and that they install those on all their vehicles on the lot. They have a KARR (third party) security technician that removed it for me, free of charge. Instead of leaving the holes open, they just rescrewed the two screws back on, covering the holes. Guess it works, in case in the future I want to install an "Ejecto-seato" button down there.

Thanks for all your guys' help! Mich appreciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just went this morning to the dealership. They did confirm it was a dealer installed KARR security system and that they install those on all their vehicles on the lot. They have a KARR (third party) security technician that removed it for me, free of charge. Instead of leaving the holes open, they just rescrewed the two screws back on, covering the holes. Guess it works, in case in the future I want to install an "Ejecto-seato" button down there.

View attachment 5891
:D

Mystery solved!

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts

View attachment 5891
Thanks for letting us know what you found out. You would think if the dealership installed this on all the cars they sell they would let those that purchase the vehicle of it. IMO that's a little presumptuous on their part for installing this system in all their cars. Like you I'm sure there are other owners that didn't want this system and had to have it removed. They were lucky you were satisfied w/them just putting the screws back in place to cover the holes... I think I would want a new panel ordered/installed or they could have the car back returning all money I had paid/put into car. :mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.