2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, , I accidentally hit the side of the garage with the rear passenger quarter panel of sporty. Thankfully, there is not much damage just a little nick in the paint on the wheel well. Hopefully my dad and I can touch up the spot with the touch of paint. I got very lucky since I have Hydrosilex ceramic coating on the paint! Normally fine backing the car into the garage. Oh well...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thank you very much. It sucks a bit but my father and I will be able to fix the wheel well. There's just a tiny little bit of paint that taken off. there are a few little scratches on the rear quarter panel that will try to polish out but you can barely even notice it. Only indirect sunlight.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, thank you very much. It sucks a bit but my father and I will be able to fix the wheel well. There's just a tiny little bit of paint that taken off. there are a few little scratches on the rear quarter panel that will try to polish out but you can barely even notice it. Only indirect sunlight.
  1. You and your Dad will probably have it good as new. I ran over a curve slightly. It did scraping on the undercarriage. I have a habit of buying touch up paint for every car I have purchased in the last few years. I just kind of ran my hand underneath to see what it felt like and used my touch up paint to repaint the areas on the parts you can see. It was thankfully only one side and not a huge area. It happens.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  1. You and your Dad will probably have it good as new. I ran over a curve slightly. It did scraping on the undercarriage. I have a habit of buying touch up paint for every car I have purchased in the last few years. I just kind of ran my hand underneath to see what it felt like and used my touch up paint to repaint the areas on the parts you can see. It was thankfully only one side and not a huge area. It happens.
yeah dude, I hear you! I appreciate! My dad and I will get it to be almost as perfect! Hydrosilex Ceramic coating works magically wonderful on the car! It's so slippery, and prevents accidental things from happening and becoming much worse! And yes, just will be more careful but it's really not that bad and you could barely tell anything there with a naked eye. I have been in the habit of buying such a paint myself for every car I've owned as well! :cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah dude, I hear you! I appreciate! My dad and I will get it to be almost as perfect! Hydrosilex Ceramic coating works magically wonderful on the car! It's so slippery, and prevents accidental things from happening and becoming much worse! And yes, just will be more careful but it's really not that bad and you could barely tell anything there with a naked eye. I have been in the habit of buying such a paint myself for every car I've owned as well! :cool:
I am a female. One reason I have thought of for buying touch up paint is they tend to not have the touch up paint available too long after they put out a new version of the vehicle. I remember having a Honda Civic years ago, a 1999. For some reason, I needed touch up paint and the only place I could purchase it when I needed it years later was from the Acura dealer and it cost a lot more than I really wanted to pay, but I ended up doing so and that is why I have from then on purchased touch up paint around the same time I purchase the vehicle just in case needed. Glad it was not too much trouble and you can barely notice it. Now, hopefully, the thought of it will disappear as time goes by. I find that it took me a couple weeks to not beat myself over the head for damaging the undercarriage on the driver's side even though I painted it and only a mechanic will see the scraping on the driver's side undercarriage.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am a female. One reason I have thought of for buying touch up paint is they tend to not have the touch up paint available too long after they put out a new version of the vehicle. I remember having a Honda Civic years ago, a 1999. For some reason, I needed touch up paint and the only place I could purchase it when I needed it years later was from the Acura dealer and it cost a lot more than I really wanted to pay, but I ended up doing so and that is why I have from then on purchased touch up paint around the same time I purchase the vehicle just in case needed. Glad it was not too much trouble and you can barely notice it. Now, hopefully, the thought of it will disappear as time goes by. I find that it took me a couple weeks to not beat myself over the head for damaging the undercarriage on the driver's side even though I painted it and only a mechanic will see the scraping on the driver's side undercarriage.
Yeah I hear you! I mean when it first happened I obsessed about it. Now, I'm easing off of it a little bit but I still want my dad and I to repair it nonetheless. I'll tell you having touch-up paint is a wonderful wonderful thing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.