2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Use Neutral - Push Twice and Hold on Sec. Push to Get Out , Parking Brake must be Engaged .( Quick Stop ) Running means You standing - Not Parked . .
( I Don't Think You'll be Locking it - Running )

Is that what You Mean about - ON ?

May want to Check the War Up Mode - that may do it - But I don't have the slightest Idea - If it would do that - Hot !

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think it's possible with these cars unfortunately. Which sucks! Seriously! I don't see the reason why Honda didn't allow us to lock the car with the engine running. My 16' Focus ST and my 17' Focus RS both did this. It's really convenient to just hop out, lock the door with the key fob and run and check the mail really quick. I really miss that feature. I'm a tech at a rental car company and noticed that the Nissans, Dodge, the BMWs, even the GMs allow you to lock the vehicle with the engine running. The only way you can lock it is if you roll the drivers window down, reach in, lock the door then roll the window back up. Then you have to take the physical key out and stick it in the door when you're ready to get back in. Lame, Honda!!

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Do You have the Warm Up Feature on Your Remote ?
Seems that would do the Trick , I take Your Trying Not to get a Ticket - Double Parked ? Can't Think of any other Reason to leave it Running ..
Had thought about that too, but it would require turning the car off, getting out, locking the doors, and then going thru the sequence to restart w/the fob. Also the only sport model that comes (standard) w/the remote engine start is the 10AT.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Simple ... Just lock the car with your builtin physical key. The car will stay running, but the doors will be locked.
Thumbs up @Keyboard.... how quick we forget the simple things as technology advances (heck I bet very few of us even think about or use that key... I know I don't)... the good old "KISS" method always shines thru.... going to have to try this method to confirm it'll work and "technology" will not prevent it.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Confirmed today that you can lock the car w/the built in key while it's running, however you will have to unlock it w/the key... at least that was my experience; the remote wouldn't unlock the doors after I had locked it w/the physical key. I think if I wanted to use this option often I would look into getting a stand alone key made (one w/o the fob) to carry so I wouldn't have to go thru the process of detaching the one in the fob every time I wanted to do this.

·
Registered
200 Posts
<snip>
I think if I wanted to use this option often I would look into getting a stand alone key made (one w/o the fob) to carry so I wouldn't have to go thru the process of detaching the one in the fob every time I wanted to do this.
That's exactly what I do. Do you remember this post?

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
That's exactly what I do. Do you remember this post?
As I said in that post "... good idea", and I didn't say in the post you quoted it was my idea. :wink::smile_big:

Just stating that is what I would do if I wanted to achieve what the OP was wanting to do if that's the way they decided to do it. Besides that thread was about another topic (Disable remote opening of all windows & moonroof) and who's to say the OP of this thread had read that thread/post... doesn't hurt to repeat a good idea if it's applicable in this situation. :grin:

·
Registered
200 Posts
As I said in that post "... good idea", and I didn't say in the post you quoted it was my idea. :wink::smile_big:

Just stating that is what I would do if I wanted to achieve what the OP was wanting to do if that's the way they decided to do it. Besides that thread was about another topic (Disable remote opening of all windows & moonroof) and who's to say the OP of this thread had read that thread/post... doesn't hurt to repeat a good idea if it's applicable in this situation. :grin:
No, no, no ... you took my response the wrong way. :surprise:

I wasn't implying anything negative. I was agreeing with you and letting others know that's what I do (i.e., carry a stand alone key). In other words, I was reinforcing what you said. Plus, I wasn't sure if you remembered the old discussion, so that's why I referred back to it.

Sorry if I sounded defensive in my earlier response.:sad:

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
No, no, no ... you took my response the wrong way. :surprise:

I wasn't implying anything negative. I was agreeing with you and letting others know that's what I do (i.e., carry a stand alone key). In other words, I was reinforcing what you said. Plus, I wasn't sure if you remembered the old discussion, so that's why I referred back to it.

Sorry if I sounded defensive in my earlier response.:sad:
No worries, we good. Just wanted to make sure you hadn't been offended... sometimes written responses can't be interpreted as live interactions... I'd err on the side of making sure no offense were taking on written response vs. assuming there was not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts