2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, everyone. New here. I’m joining the forums, because I’m looking at getting a 2021 Sport, or Touring 2.0. In Sonic Gray Pearl.

I come from a long line of owning Honda’s. My first was a 1992 Integra GS. This was my HS graduation car. Second car, I bought, myself in 1994. White Civic EX Coupe. After this car, I went to DSMs for a long time, owning 5. Then Evos, owning 3.

Got married and bought a 1998 Accord, new, a 1999 4 door, Ex. In 2000, another accord EX. 2002 and 2004 Civic Ex. Divorced in 2007, and started all over, with life, pretty much. Between Alimony and Child Support, I drove a 1998 Eagle Talon TSI Awd that I picked up for $3,500.

Then after retiring from the AirForce, I was buying Chevy Cruzes, I’ve had 4, now. Had a house built in 2017. Bought a C7 when the CTR came out. The dealers around here, were asking $52,000 for them. Well overpriced. And now, in Feb 2020, I bought a Sonic Gray Type R. So, my son turns 18 in March, and I’m giving him my 2017 Cruze Premier Hatchback and I’m going to need another commuter. Current commute is 122miles a day.

Looking at a 2.0 10speed. Either touring or sport. Before joining the military in 1995, I had moved to the east coast, and got a job at a performance shop, doing lowering springs and putting integra motors in civics. There was no one, in 1995 on the east coast, putting integra motors in civics. So, it was fun to be the first shop to do it.
I’m looking forward to checking out what’s available for the Accord, specifically, although, owning a CTR I’m probably going to be seeing most of the same things available for these cars. CTR R-35355

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
25 years in the Airforce?...No offense- but you’re way too old to be driving a CTR..tell me your command didn’t laugh at you driving around in that lol impressive car, I love it’s soul, underneath the teenage-boner-bodykit ...but holyish is it fugly!

With that said, the Accord X is pretty sweet, although will never be[at] a CTR (unless maybe a drag race).

Accord touring if you like Comfort, or sport if you want more performance per dollar.

New turbo is being released currently for Accord 2.0t and CTR. Supposedly 400whp+

We’ll see. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
25 years in the Airforce?...No offense- but you’re way too old to be driving a CTR..tell me your command didn’t laugh at you driving around in that lol impressive car, I love it’s soul, underneath the teenage-boner-bodykit ...but holyish is it fugly!

With that said, the Accord X is pretty sweet, although will never be[at] a CTR (unless maybe a drag race).

Accord touring if you like Comfort, or sport if you want more performance per dollar.

New turbo is being released currently for Accord 2.0t and CTR. Supposedly 400whp+

Eh, it’s all good. You’re only as old as you feel. It’s a nice car to drive. I had originally planned on giving it to my son, when he turned 18, but his mom said no way. Too fast. So, he’s getting my commuter. Which is still nice. And it gives me a chance to get a new one.

10 Posts
Hello, everyone. New here. I’m joining the forums, because I’m looking at getting a 2021 Sport, or Touring 2.0. In Sonic Gray Pearl.

I come from a long line of owning Honda’s. My first was a 1992 Integra GS. This was my HS graduation car. Second car, I bought, myself in 1994. White Civic EX Coupe. After this car, I went to DSMs for a long time, owning 5. Then Evos, owning 3.

Got married and bought a 1998 Accord, new, a 1999 4 door, Ex. In 2000, another accord EX. 2002 and 2004 Civic Ex. Divorced in 2007, and started all over, with life, pretty much. Between Alimony and Child Support, I drove a 1998 Eagle Talon TSI Awd that I picked up for $3,500.

Then after retiring from the AirForce, I was buying Chevy Cruzes, I’ve had 4, now. Had a house built in 2017. Bought a C7 when the CTR came out. The dealers around here, were asking $52,000 for them. Well overpriced. And now, in Feb 2020, I bought a Sonic Gray Type R. So, my son turns 18 in March, and I’m giving him my 2017 Cruze Premier Hatchback and I’m going to need another commuter. Current commute is 122miles a day.

Looking at a 2.0 10speed. Either touring or sport. Before joining the military in 1995, I had moved to the east coast, and got a job at a performance shop, doing lowering springs and putting integra motors in civics. There was no one, in 1995 on the east coast, putting integra motors in civics. So, it was fun to be the first shop to do it.
I’m looking forward to checking out what’s available for the Accord, specifically, although, owning a CTR I’m probably going to be seeing most of the same things available for these cars. CTR R-35355
With a 122 mile commute, I wonder if the hybrid wouldn't be a better option. I love mine, just switch out the tires to a summer performance type for better grip.

·
Read Only
0 Posts

You’re a bonafide hater. This guy is obviously a Honda enthusiast, based on his history. There’s nothing wrong with his choice. Im convinced you don’t even have a car.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Im 6'0 185 and looked at several models. I liked the Civic based ones(sport, Si, insight) were just not as comfortable for me. For the most part I felt like i was sitting on top of the seat instead of in it (maybe my frame is too wide). Also had owned compacts as daily for 12 years and enjoy the extra space. The Civic feels cramped to me, the Accord more relaxed. Also had enough with turbos for daily driver as well. If you drive that much I would highly recommend driving a hyrbrid. Unless your plans are to modify the 2.0, then that i understand.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0
123 Posts
If you think the OP is too old to be driving a Type R, get off this forum.

To the OP. I work at a Honda dealership. The Touring and Sport are way different when it comes to features. I went with the Sport 2.0 myself. I love the wheels and ventilated seats in the Touring but it wasn't worth the extra $4k to me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you think the OP is too old to be driving a Type R, get off this forum.

To the OP. I work at a Honda dealership. The Touring and Sport are way different when it comes to features. I went with the Sport 2.0 myself. I love the wheels and ventilated seats in the Touring but it wasn't worth the extra $4k to me.
I went with the touring 2.0t over the sport, and yeah for wheels + ventilated seats +$4k is hard to justify... until you factor in:

-Heated seats
-adaptive suspension
-double paned glass windows
-upgraded stereo [although this one is very debatable]
-leather seats
-heads up display
-upgraded lights
And more...

So for me +$4k over sport was well work it- but to each there own.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the reply, guys. I know there are way older people that drive Type Rs. And I’m not a small guy, and the seat is a little “huggy” but it’s ok. I enjoy the power with the manual transmissions and the cars ability to change direction like no other. I appreciate the larger brakes. It’s a little JDM flashy, but its something that has grown on me.

I am trying to find out the details that separate the Sport from the Touring. I like all of the extra features the Touring offers. I sat in a hybrid SGP touring, yesterday, in the showroom. I had gone to get an exhaust installed on my Type R and they had a hybrid. I’m going to appreciate the HUD and the dual pane glass, I don’t think my friends 21 sport has a sunglasses holder. Just those little details are worth it to me. I hadn’t heard that one, before. And I also contemplated getting a Hybrid, but I’m not if I can convince myself to pull the trigger on that one.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks for the reply, guys. I know there are way older people that drive Type Rs. And I’m not a small guy, and the seat is a little “huggy” but it’s ok. I enjoy the power with the manual transmissions and the cars ability to change direction like no other. I appreciate the larger brakes. It’s a little JDM flashy, but its something that has grown on me.

I am trying to find out the details that separate the Sport from the Touring. I like all of the extra features the Touring offers. I sat in a hybrid SGP touring, yesterday, in the showroom. I had gone to get an exhaust installed on my Type R and they had a hybrid. I’m going to appreciate the HUD and the dual pane glass, I don’t think my friends 21 sport has a sunglasses holder. Just those little details are worth it to me. I hadn’t heard that one, before. And I also contemplated getting a Hybrid, but I’m not if I can convince myself to pull the trigger on that one.
Drive it first you will be surprised.

·
Registered
953 Posts
All depends on your priorities man. My last few daily drivers were 11 sec cars. I enjoy the comfort and quiet now more than anything, especially after long periods in the vehicle. The amount you will save on maintenance and fuel alone driving that much in a day will more than make up for it imo. But again all about what your biggest priorities for the vehicle are.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All depends on your priorities man. My last few daily drivers were 11 sec cars. I enjoy the comfort and quiet now more than anything, especially after long periods in the vehicle. The amount you will save on maintenance and fuel alone driving that much in a day will more than make up for it imo. But again all about what your biggest priorities for the vehicle are.
True and I already have a performance car. Well, as performance as you can call a Type R.

·
Registered
77 Posts
True and I already have a performance car. Well, as performance as you can call a Type R.
I would say the CTR is definitely a performance car. An acquired taste of looks, and not a 1/4 mile queen— but it’s lap record At Nuremberg Was legit. I think I’d have to do some serious aesthetic modding if I owned one [i think it’s subjectively fugly] , then some performance like the PRL turbo. But yes the CTR is definitely a performance car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts