2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would also like to know if anyone has found a good tire that provides more grip than the stock 2.0L Sport tire. I was hoping that there is an option to reduce wheel spin somewhat - aside from me having a lighter foot!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's a 2018, you don't need any TPMS sensors. The car doesn't use them. It measures tire size instead.
Really? I thought all new cars had to have TPMS? If this is true awesome! LoL those things are not cheap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honest opinion! Out of the three in the pictures which would you guys chose? I have the Still Night Blue Sport. I'm having a hard time deciding which looks better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Honest opinion! Out of the three in the pictures which would you guys chose? I have the Still Night Blue Sport. I'm having a hard time deciding which looks better.
Any chance you could repost the wheel pictures either larger or in some other format? When I try to open or download the thumbnails I get nothing or an error. I am not sure if the site allows it - but another option is posting the links to the vendor we site selling the wheels. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Any chance you could repost the wheel pictures either larger or in some other format? When I try to open or download the thumbnails I get nothing or an error. I am not sure if the site allows it - but another option is posting the links to the vendor we site selling the wheels. Thanks!
I actually pulled the trigger and got these

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would also like to know if anyone has found a good tire that provides more grip than the stock 2.0L Sport tire. I was hoping that there is an option to reduce wheel spin somewhat - aside from me having a lighter foot!
I am using Pirelli P Zero Plus A/S on 18” Enkei wheels for my 2.0T Sport. Traction and handling in the dry and wet is greatly improved over the OEM 19” Michelins. No report on snow traction yet. Also saved 11 lbs. per wheel. The ride is about the same because these tires are stiffer, more performance oriented.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am using Pirelli P Zero Plus A/S on 18” Enkei wheels for my 2.0T Sport. Traction and handling in the dry and wet is greatly improved over the OEM 19” Michelins. No report on snow traction yet. Also saved 11 lbs. per wheel. The ride is about the same because these tires are stiffer, more performance oriented.
A couple of questions:
- What size Pirelli's did you put on the 18" Enkei wheels?
- What is the weight of the Sport OEM 19" black wheel?
- What is the wheel offset of the same 19" wheel?

It's very important to get the right offset when shopping for wheel, and more importantly know the weight. I am looking to install 18" wheels as well and I am curious what the offset of my 19" wheels is and also the weight, so I know how much lighter to go.

11lbs/per wheel reduction is huge. Did you notice sharper steering or the car getting more responsive?

For more traction I always go with Ultra Performance summer tires like Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but I think I am going to try the new Michelin Pilot 4S. In the winter I will probably use the OEM Michelin Primacy A/S that came in my 2019 Sport 2.0.

Harry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Offset on the oem 19's is +50, the weight is about 30lbs. I would not go below +38 offset on a 8.5 width wheel. 18 in. might be best for what your wanting for this size but I think they look to small for the wheel wells and the size of the car. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A couple of questions:
- What size Pirelli's did you put on the 18" Enkei wheels?
- What is the weight of the Sport OEM 19" black wheel?
- What is the wheel offset of the same 19" wheel?

It's very important to get the right offset when shopping for wheel, and more importantly know the weight. I am looking to install 18" wheels as well and I am curious what the offset of my 19" wheels is and also the weight, so I know how much lighter to go.

11lbs/per wheel reduction is huge. Did you notice sharper steering or the car getting more responsive?

For more traction I always go with Ultra Performance summer tires like Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but I think I am going to try the new Michelin Pilot 4S. In the winter I will probably use the OEM Michelin Primacy A/S that came in my 2019 Sport 2.0.

Harry
The Pirelli’s are 225/45x18. The OEM 19” wheels weigh 31.5 lbs. The Enkei replacements are 21 lbs. I have used Tire Rack for all my wheel and tire purchases in the last several years. The publish all the specs for wheel weight, offset, OD, etc. I have been using summer and winter wheels/tires on my ‘15 GTI but changed my priorities with the Honda. I was looking for an a/s tire that would get me by in the winter and add some sportiness to my summer driving as well. Getting too old (79) for all this tire changing and storage. The Conti DW’s on the VW still serve my summer jollies in the twisties very well. My priorities with the Honda were better gas mileage because of the lower rotating mass. I assume the acceleration and braking are improved as well...not tested. The ride is not much different probably because of the more aggressive tire construction of the Pirelli’s.

The wheel change was my plan even before the car purchase when I noticed the 2 mpg Cafe gas mileage difference between the 17” wheels on the EXL and the 19” wheels on the Sport and Touring. I assume the OEM 17”s are heavy as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ghawkins do you know what the wheel and tire weight is for the EX-L 2.0 17s?

I'm looking on tire rack now for a new set of wheels and tires, but I want to make sure I go with something lighter than the factory 17s.
I'm looking at two options:
-O.Z. Alleggerita HLT 17s at 15.55 lbs. with General G-max RS 225/50ZR17 at 22 lbs. for a total of 37.55 lbs.
-O.Z. Alleggerita HLT 18s at 17.50 lbs. with N Fera Surg4G 225/45zr18 at 25 lbs. for a total of 42.5 lbs.

They are both 8" wide. I'm hoping to keep traction all the way through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The hard, 7.5", factory wheels just ain't cutting it.

It's close to a 5 lbs. difference between the 17s and the 18s per wheel, but it'd be nice to know what the factories are. I'm not too worried about the filling the wheel wells. I have intentions to lower it soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ghawkins do you know what the wheel and tire weight is for the EX-L 2.0 17s?

I'm looking on tire rack now for a new set of wheels and tires, but I want to make sure I go with something lighter than the factory 17s.
I'm looking at two options:
-O.Z. Alleggerita HLT 17s at 15.55 lbs. with General G-max RS 225/50ZR17 at 22 lbs. for a total of 37.55 lbs.
-O.Z. Alleggerita HLT 18s at 17.50 lbs. with N Fera Surg4G 225/45zr18 at 25 lbs. for a total of 42.5 lbs.

They are both 8" wide. I'm hoping to keep traction all the way through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The hard, 7.5", factory wheels just ain't cutting it.

It's close to a 5 lbs. difference between the 17s and the 18s per wheel, but it'd be nice to know what the factories are. I'm not too worried about the filling the wheel wells. I have intentions to lower it soon.
No idea on the OEM 17”s. Based on an understanding of OEM wheels in general, I would not expect them to be much lighter than OEM 18” or 19”s. There would be some advantage because the weight is not so far away from the center. Think of these wheels as flywheels. The further from the center, the more negative effect on acceleration and deceleration. OZ wheels are very high quality pressure die castings. You should enjoy very positive results with them in any size.

·
Registered
849 Posts
17" Weight

No idea on the OEM 17”s. Based on an understanding of OEM wheels in general, I would not expect them to be much lighter than OEM 18” or 19”s. There would be some advantage because the weight is not so far away from the center. Think of these wheels as flywheels. The further from the center, the more negative effect on acceleration and deceleration. OZ wheels are very high quality pressure die castings. You should enjoy very positive results with them in any size.

17" Wheels with Tire are 47.75 lbs +/- 1 lb as I just used Std. Weight Scale .

Tire I checked on Tire rack stated it was 23-24 lbs - so 17" Rims are 24-25lbs.

*Anyone that can't tell the Difference when driving over Man-Holes Covers or other Area's where You Normally go for a Ride with

*Lighter Wheel Tire Combo * don't do much Driving . . should be able to Feel 5lb Difference , but 8-11 Really going to be Night/Day difference . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts