2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone switched out the low profile tires for regular tires? Just drove a loaner Accord with regular tires and it felt like it had a better ride.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Other trims have 50 series on 17" and the ride is softer. I am getting 55 series for snow tires and expect it to be softer as well.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I Heard the Trans - Automatically - Calibrate the Mph Differences up to certain assorted Size ..

As Many Cars that are Leased - it always seems those Rad High by 2 Mph - meaning in 3-4 yr Lease You'll easily run up extra 4000 Miles Sooner !
Be Hit by the Penalty . Miles .

I Believe it something to do with Trans gets Road Signal . . Dpn't Quote Me . . but it's something like that ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
The stock Goodyear Touring tires on the 19” wheels aren’t so great in the rain. They tend to slip a lot! On my 2016 Accord with Continental tires, they were great in the rain. The treads seem to wear down a lot quicker too on the Goodyear Touring, I feel like I will need to get them replaced before I hit 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The stock Goodyear Touring tires on the 19” wheels aren’t so great in the rain. They tend to slip a lot! On my 2016 Accord with Continental tires, they were great in the rain. The treads seem to wear down a lot quicker too on the Goodyear Touring, I feel like I will need to get them replaced before I hit 20,000 miles.
But who has GY tires on their Touring. I am under the impression that that GYs were used on Sport cars only, thinking they are performance tires, NOT. :devil:

·
Registered
12 Posts
But who has GY tires on their Touring. I am under the impression that that GYs were used on Sport cars only, thinking they are performance tires, NOT.
They may be okay in dry pavement, but on wet pavement they are bad. I think on the Touring they are wrapped in Michelin tires.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I changed my 19” Michelins for 18” Pirelli P Zero Plus a/s tires. My main goal was not a better ride, but improved driving dynamics; acceleration, braking, and gas mileage. It appears they are better with those issues. The ride, however, is about the same because of the high performance construction of the Pirelli’s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts