2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my H&R springs installed today along with H&R spacers. Love the stance of the car now! Ride is a little bit bouncer/choppy then before but the look more then makes up for it IMO.
Also installed the Takeda intake - the instructions on the intake weren't great and it's not as loud as I expected or wanted it to be ?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey! You have the Touring model. So with lowering springs, the ride is bouncer? not stiffer?

What is the ride like in normal mode vs sports mode? sorry for so many questions, I don't know anyone else who has installed lowering springs on the Touring model. Whats the ride like in Sports mode before and after springs installed?

Thoughts on the Takeda intake; notice improved throttle response or better gas mileage?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great man. I have the same car but in the sports model and I want to do the same soon. BTW Is that the black chrome OEM grille? or is the one on Ebay?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best way I would describe is a little bit of pogo effect over pavement ripples. I don't notice a huge difference between normal and sport modes.
I previously had the Djdialz intake that I bought off a forum member and that one sounded much louder/better. That one was an open filter so obviously in the summer it wouldn't be as effective as the closed box setup of the Takeda. No noticeable difference in throttle response or gas mileage with this new intake.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks great man. I have the same car but in the sports model and I want to do the same soon. BTW Is that the black chrome OEM grille? or is the one on Ebay?
the grill he has is the oem sports grill in black chrome it was an add on accessory from the dealership you can pick them up anywhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think that may be 40mm to the axle. Looking up the part number 4065640, results in a bunch of 20mm spacers...

If they are 20mm, they should be fine. OP, any rubbing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to Hondas period getting ready to buy a 19 2.0t manual. For you guys that are lowered how low are you, was it difficult changing the springs and whats the ride like now? Thanks Jp

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
It looks really good I think. A bit hard to tell with all the angles going on.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
146 Posts
Your car looks great! Did you need a camber kit? I keep hearing about them but I've lowered cars before and never needed a kit in the past.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had my H&R springs installed today along with H&R spacers. Love the stance of the car now! Ride is a little bit bouncer/choppy then before but the look more then makes up for it IMO.
Looks nice! I am about to purchase a Touring model. Researching lowering springs etc, some say that the Adaptive Dampening System will not work when the springs are installed. Some also state that a warning on the dash will come on. Have you experienced this? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks nice! I am about to purchase a Touring model. Researching lowering springs etc, some say that the Adaptive Dampening System will not work when the springs are installed. Some also state that a warning on the dash will come on. Have you experienced this? Thanks in advance!!!
Thought I’d share mine after the install in case others are researching....
2019 Touring 2.0
D2 Pro 2” drop lowering springs
CONCEPT ONE - RS-55 (20" x 8.5" +35)
235/35R20 Tires
There is a bit of a gap in the back. Going to try 3/4” spacers. However, I want to add a rear camber kit before I do that.

I would have loved to do coil overs, but with the touring Adaptive Suspension, not much of an option unless you don’t mind staring at a suspension warning light on your dash for the rest of the time you own it. The ride has a small amount of bounciness. If I put it in sport mode it kills a bit of the bounciness.
IMG_1915.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
146 Posts
Looks sweet. I actually did 20mm spacers since. Here's a video to give you an idea how it will look. Also can you post a few different angles of that oem accessory spoiler you have. I've been debating on changing mine.

Spacer link

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks sweet. I actually did 20mm spacers since. Here's a video to give you an idea how it will look. Also can you post a few different angles of that oem accessory spoiler you have. I've been debating on changing mine.

Spacer link

Here are some pics of the spoiler. I'm afraid I can't tell you much about it. I bought this car with 3k miles on it. Already had the spoiler. Was told it is something that can be ordered from Honda. I believe it is only held on with adhesive. I don't see any bolts/screws. I was actually thinking of removing it. Let me know what you think about it. The dark area is not a light of any kind btw.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts