2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone with a 10th gen hybrid on lowering springs? I have seen a few that have done it on here with H and R springs. Please let me know if you have any insight. Most aftermarket springs say not compatible with the Hybrid - probably due to the weight and battery placement. Thank you. I am looking for my 2022 Hybrid.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Is anyone with a 10th gen hybrid on lowering springs? I have seen a few that have done it on here with H and R springs. Please let me know if you have any insight. Most aftermarket springs say not compatible with the Hybrid - probably due to the weight and battery placement. Thank you. I am looking for my 2022 Hybrid.
Afaik all the suspension components are the same. And no it isn't due to weight and battery placement, the hybrid is actually about 60lbs or so less than the 2.0t.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Afaik all the suspension components are the same. And no it isn't due to weight and battery placement, the hybrid is actually about 60lbs or so less than the 2.0t.
Yes, and the springs will definitely fit on the car. But I heard that due to the placement of the batteries (location of the weight under the backseats) it could cause the rear end to be a lot lower than the front end. That is what happens with some of the Eibach springs on the Hybrid.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes, and the springs will definitely fit on the car. But I heard that due to the placement of the batteries (location of the weight under the backseats) it could cause the rear end to be a lot lower than the front end. That is what happens with some of the Eibach springs on the Hybrid.
Never seen or heard that on either forum in three years I've been on them and had two Hybrids. Your not talking about hundreds of pounds more under the rear seat. Every manufacturer I spoke with did the parts are the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never seen or heard that on either forum in three years I've been on them and had two Hybrids. Your not talking about hundreds of pounds more under the rear seat. Every manufacturer I spoke with did the parts are the same.
Thank you, I am new to Honda and hybrids so this is a big change for me. The forums are super helpful. I am leaning towards adding the H & R springs from what I researched. I’ll be sure to post some feedback if I end up making the change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts