1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hadn't seen this yet, so thanks for sharing. Looks like its already on back order, so I'm assuming that means there aren't many alternatives yet. Any idea on price?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I can recall but you might be able to find it on a distributor's website. I'd wager to say that this full system might end up being a far less expensive option (though still mandrel-bent quality parts) than to wait for a larger diameter system; Looks like PRL is on top of that with their 3" down+front pipe combo which I'm excited about. I wonder if they'll make the rest of the system though?

·
Banned
8 Posts
Not that I can recall but you might be able to find it on a distributor's website. I'd wager to say that this full system might end up being a far less expensive option (though still mandrel-bent quality parts) than to wait for a larger diameter system; Looks like PRL is on top of that with their 3" down+front pipe combo which I'm excited about. I wonder if they'll make the rest of the system though?

Though we are not a full exhaust manufacturer we will try and offer as many exhausts on our website as possible. In the future it is not out of the question for us to entertain the idea of making our own exhaust (possibly collaborating with another company) to compliment our pieces :smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man, can you give me more information on your quad tip set up? Like where did you buy the tips? What is the inlet size as well as outlet size? Much Appreciated!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good! Any drone at highway speeds? And your mufflers are deleted correct? Seems kinda quiet.. or that intake is just that loud..
Thanks.

The clip was taken inside the vehicle just revving in neutral at a stop; The video was uploaded using a picture as a background just to convert an mp3 to mp4 video for YT.

The exhaust is just a muffler delete from the axle back just after the OEM exhaust split; 2" pipe to each dual tip which are MagnaFlow anodized dual-layered tips (they produce a LOT LESS drone than single layered tips will). Still has very slight drone around 2500 - 3k because it's a muff delete, other than that it's a deep tone but will more than likely sound WAY nicer once there's a full 3" setup (I'm waiting for PRLs downpipe and front pipe before I put the rest of the system in).

The intake is technically a short ram style from OEM, but it's really just a MAF sensor adapter which replaces the factory air box to allow a circular air filter. Stock BOV. And it's so ridiculously loud that it SOUNDS like an aftermarket blowoff valve... but in a good way. I sorta want to cream myself every time I let off the gas. Part of why its so loud is that I'm also tuned to +6 PSI (Runs near 23 PSI) from the factory on Hondata's stage 2 map so the boost pressure is making a LOT of extra noise than factory base map does at ~16-17 PSI. Even barely touching the throttle will produce a loud whistle and pressure release noises louder than full romp with factory air box

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome! Any chance you could take a video outside the car of the exhaust? Every turbo car I've had I've done the muffler delete and liked it.. just curious as to how this car would sound..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks.

The clip was taken inside the vehicle just revving in neutral at a stop; The video was uploaded using a picture as a background just to convert an mp3 to mp4 video for YT.

The exhaust is just a muffler delete from the axle back just after the OEM exhaust split; 2" pipe to each dual tip which are MagnaFlow anodized dual-layered tips (they produce a LOT LESS drone than single layered tips will). Still has very slight drone around 2500 - 3k because it's a muff delete, other than that it's a deep tone but will more than likely sound WAY nicer once there's a full 3" setup (I'm waiting for PRLs downpipe and front pipe before I put the rest of the system in).

The intake is technically a short ram style from OEM, but it's really just a MAF sensor adapter which replaces the factory air box to allow a circular air filter. Stock BOV. And it's so ridiculously loud that it SOUNDS like an aftermarket blowoff valve... but in a good way. I sorta want to cream myself every time I let off the gas. Part of why its so loud is that I'm also tuned to +6 PSI (Runs near 23 PSI) from the factory on Hondata's stage 2 map so the boost pressure is making a LOT of extra noise than factory base map does at ~16-17 PSI. Even barely touching the throttle will produce a loud whistle and pressure release noises louder than full romp with factory air box

I think your setup (Intake, Cat Back, Tune) is what many people will be aiming to get with a few of those people going with downpipes eventually. I'd love to see/hear more if you have the ability to capture some inside/outside the car video under load I think it would help out a lot of folks. It's been pretty quiet as far as aftermarket is concerned. I think generating interest early could help entice manufacturers to develop for the platform.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think your setup (Intake, Cat Back, Tune) is what many people will be aiming to get with a few of those people going with downpipes eventually. I'd love to see/hear more if you have the ability to capture some inside/outside the car video under load I think it would help out a lot of folks. It's been pretty quiet as far as aftermarket is concerned. I think generating interest early could help entice manufacturers to develop for the platform.
I actually have a high quality video coming soon with an intro, dash cam footage, and drive-by footage as well as a walk-around and explanation of my mods. I work quite a bit (70 hrs a week, in the car biz so it's basically my life) so I can never get to doing these things as quickly as I'd like - but all of this footage will be put together in the next few days to make a really nice video for you all. Stay tuned (pun intended).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Apologies for the slightly low video editing software quality; That setting somehow made it to final rendering through all editing and will be fixed in the next video.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts