2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today, my Sporty 2.0T showed a maintenance code 1,2,and 7. I know it's oil change, tire rotation, but what's the number 7 for? I have seen on Honda's forums that brake fluid might need to be changed but that doesn't make sense on a 2 year old car. Thanks for any suggestions...

· Administrator
2,881 Posts
Sub Number 7 is for brake fluid change. See this thread/post for copies of the codes - Maintenance Minder Cheat Sheet

What's the percentage of the MM and how soon will your car be close to/or three years old? My car is also showing sub item 7 but I have 50% showing on my MM which will mean my car will be due for service close to the three year mark. Honda is recommending brake fluid change at three year intervals but depending on driving style/mileage/time it could fluctuate.

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sub Number 7 is for brake fluid change. See this thread/post for copies of the codes - Maintenance Minder Cheat Sheet

What's the percentage of the MM and how soon will your car be close to/or three years old? My car is also showing sub item 7 but I have 50% showing on my MM which will mean my car will be due for service close to the three year mark. Honda is recommending brake fluid change at three year intervals but depending on driving style/mileage/time it could fluctuate.
My maintenance reminder is mostly for my oil change. Right now, I'm at 20% oil life. So, yeah, I need tire rotation, Oil change and that's about it. My Sporty is at 2 years old. I just turned 2 on Monday in fact! I'm at about 33,400 miles or so. That's why it doesn't make any sense to me. lol

· Administrator
2,881 Posts
My maintenance reminder is mostly for my oil change. Right now, I'm at 20% oil life. So, yeah, I need tire rotation, Oil change and that's about it. My Sporty is at 2 years old. I just turned 2 on Monday in fact! I'm at about 33,400 miles or so. That's why it doesn't make any sense to me. lol
The brake fluid change may be based on time and/or mileage (or combination of both) also wondering if the amount of times oil has been changed is a factor too. How many oil changes have you done (my upcoming oil change will be my 3rd & I have at the moment 7,600 miles on car... just wondering if the amount of times the oil has been changed/MM reset has any significance)? IMO I think the 3 year limit may be the maximum time but depending on other factors it could be sooner.

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The brake fluid change may be based on time and/or mileage (or combination of both) also wondering if the amountof times oil has been changed is a factor too. How many oil changes have you done (my upcoming oil change will be my 3rd & I have at the moment 7,600 miles on car... just wondering if the amount of times the oil has been changed/MM reset has any significance)? IMO I think the 3 year limit may be the maximum time but depending on other factors it could be sooner.
I've done about 3 or 4 oil changes to my car I think. I mean of course I'll mention that and one other thing to my mechanic at my Honda Dealership next time I go there, but it's just weird that it's giving me that 3rd code, that's all. Yeah, I have around 33,400 or so miles on my car right now....

· Administrator
2,881 Posts
I've done about 3 or 4 oil changes to my car I think. I mean of course I'll mention that and one other thing to my mechanic at my Honda Dealership next time I go there, but it's just weird that it's giving me that 3rd code, that's all. Yeah, I have around 33,400 or so miles on my car right now....
Let us know what the dealership/technician say regarding what (all) determines when the fluid should be changed and what alerts/sets off the MM to change it. TIA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.