2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Accord EX-L 2.0T has been just perfect, and the dealer is committed to lifetime oil changes, car washes, etc. Not a bad deal, as the dealer is about one mile from my home. BTW this 2020 vehicle has merely 6K+ miles on the odometer.

A while back I was notified that the recent relevant fuel tank recall applies to this vehicle. It's worth mentioning that this recall is not listed in all related lists (NTHSB, etc.). Frankly I am not inclined to go for this recall repair as I intend to keep this beast almost forever. So here's the question.

When I take the care in for the upcoming oil change, am I required to agree to the fuel tank change out? I hope to get an answer here because I really do not want strangers disassembling my car and then MAYBE getting it back together correctly.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Take a look at this post (attachment) regarding the recall. In that attachment it states it's an "emission" recall which may make it a mandatory replacement. Even if it isn't mandatory Honda will probably flag your car as it not being done and if issues develop in the future that the recall is supposed to remedy you might have to pay for the repair/replacement. Little confused as to why you are so concerned about them messing something up when it appears from your post you are taking advantage of the lifetime oil changes. In most cases the least experienced techs are the ones doing the oil changes and IMO are more likely to mess something up. Other than oil changes are you doing all the other required maintenance or is your dealer doing it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
... Other than oil changes are you doing all the other required maintenance or is your dealer doing it?
The car is serviced on schedule by the dealer. Just had it in for oil and filter change, tire rotation, brake fluid exchange, etc. The dealer did not mention anything about this particular recall, but later I asked why Honda Amerca lists the recall, but neiter the Honda Owners site nor the National Highway Saftety agency list the recall. No answer to this from the dealer.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
The dealer did not mention anything about this particular recall, but later I asked why Honda Amerca lists the recall, but neiter the Honda Owners site northe National Highway Saftety agency list the recall. No answer to this from the dealer.
I wouldn't worry about the recall then. Probably a case that this recall pertains to your year car but not your VIN. 🤷

1 - 4 of 4 Posts