2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0t
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided to go with the black powder coated Mishimoto intercooler. Unfortunately Mishimoto doesn't offer their own set of charge pipes. I'm curious as to whether or not the PRL or HPS pipes fit properly. If anyone has ran this combination, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

· Registered
26 Posts
I've decided to go with the black powder coated Mishimoto intercooler. Unfortunately Mishimoto doesn't offer their own set of charge pipes. I'm curious as to whether or not the PRL or HKS pipes fit properly. If anyone has ran this combination, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
why did you choose mishimoto over prl? just curious.

· Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0t
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great question. I was indifferent on PRL or Mishimoto for the FMIC until I watched this video. The Mishimoto has a much better finish as well as attention to detail, in my opinion. Interestingly enough, it's also over $100 cheaper for the black finish.

· Registered
50 Posts
I saw this video also and it has me leaning towards the mishimoto. Im curious to see if the charge pipes make that much of a difference. Its 400 extra for chargepipes. I know for sure im going to get the intercooler.

· Registered
50 Posts
I've decided to go with the black powder coated Mishimoto intercooler. Unfortunately Mishimoto doesn't offer their own set of charge pipes. I'm curious as to whether or not the PRL or HKS pipes fit properly. If anyone has ran this combination, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
im Just guessing but i think it should be the same for both because the fitment is designed for the same car.

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,055 Posts
Looks to Me that M is Designed to Divide CFM up into More Paths - Paths are Smaller in size , which would Maintain Flow Charge Velocity ..
*Say Cooling in Mid-Range Better & Turbo Lag would be Reduced vs PRL's Design seems to Tilt Toward Higher Flowing CFM Turbo's ..

Interested to See shoot out on same cars ..

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
1 Posts
Any update? What did you end up choosing to do for charge pipes (if you opted for an aftermarket set)? Any pictures of the black Mishimoto intercooler installed? I'd love to see the final result.

· Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0t
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually just updated my big turbo build thread. PRL charge pipes worked great with the Mishimoto FMIC. I dont know that I got a picture specifically of the Mishimoto though. I did opt to go with T-Clamps on the charge pipes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts