2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T-10spd
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my intake setup using the Mishimoto closed box intake system and adding the PRL Intake tube.

A few reasons I went with the Mishimoto over the PRL High Volume Intake (HVI):
  1. Initially it was the price of the Mishi $287 vs PRL's HVI $400. This price gap faded when i ordered the PRL Intake tube ($100 shipped)
  2. I wanted a more efficient / least restrictive intake system that provided a little more "pep" on throttle response.
  3. Mishi is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes with the removable carbon fiber top cover. It also makes it easy to clean or swap the filter..
  4. Mishi also incorporated an opening in the forward facing side of the box that allows for "more" audible sp00ly noises. They're noticeable in the cabin and even more enjoyable with the windows down.
Either closed box intake system is going to feed your turbo more happiness vs an open cone filter or the stock intake system. However, you're not going to see a significant power increase without first upgrading the intercooler followed by a tune.

If you're going for max power then follow the research and get the PRL HVI. Although, I haven't found a lot of information on the Mishi. If you want something close in performance but better looking with louder sp00ly noises then get the Mishi.

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
Like Extra Opening & Carbon Lid

Like ~ Metal ~ MAF Meter Pipe - looks to be 1/2" Placement Mount on Top - which Lifts that Chucky Pc. of ~ Air Blocking Flow Plastic - Poop of MAF Genertic Carp . .
Those should only be 1/3 the Size with Today's Electronics's . .

What are Actual Dimensions of ~ Air Filtering Media ~ seems all Vendors Leave that Out & To be Hidden . . ?_?

Mishimoto Stated many Actual Road & Dybo Hrs. of Testing as they were also doing one for R Civic . .

Did You do any Air Readings Before & After ./ .

Thanks for Post Up

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T-10spd
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, unfortun
Like Extra Opening & Carbon Lid

Like ~ Metal ~ MAF Meter Pipe - looks to be 1/2" Placement Mount on Top - which Lifts that Chucky Pc. of ~ Air Blocking Flow Plastic - Poop of MAF Genertic Carp . .
Those should only be 1/3 the Size with Today's Electronics's . .

What are Actual Dimensions of ~ Air Filtering Media ~ seems all Vendors Leave that Out & To be Hidden . . ?_?

Mishimoto Stated many Actual Road & Dybo Hrs. of Testing as they were also doing one for R Civic . .

Did You do any Air Readings Before & After ./ .

Thanks for Post Up
No, unfortunately I dont have a tuner to read live data. Although, now that I'm typing this I do have BlueDriver which I think may give me access to see the air readings.

The biggest improvement on air readings will be a bigger intercooler though.

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
OK , so You don't have a Measuring Tape ?

Just looking to see Facts with Post as Seat of Pants or what some Thing Might Sound Like Described on a Hot Day after a Hot lap , sounds like Hot Air !

No Sound Clip !

It's Super Easy to Inspect or Clean or Change - Filter - Right . .

Dia @ Base of Filter
Dia of Filter @ Top

Number of Pleats ?

How Deep are Pleats ?

This is about Facts !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.