2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure if I put this in the right category but I am bored with my car. Not sure if it is because of the quarantine but I need some ideas on what to change. Outside of the normal mods (rims, tires, tint etc. I kinda feel like I am wasting money since I bought another car and after a month I am bored with it.

*Can’t bag the car bc my twins are going to f*k it up 😂 *

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Add a system not too hard to run the cables on the driver side under the mat 1) 12" sub sounds good with a epicenter for the mex mix lol or you can switch all your inside lighting to led
I’m not a fan of the sound system, I’m okay with what is in the car already. The interior is something that I haven’t thought about so thank you for the idea 💡

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
-front lip spoiler
-rear spoiler
-sports grille
-intake upgrade
-rear sway bar upgrade
-wheel spacers
-lowering springs
-turbo upgrade
I need to see a pic of your car because I am guessing that it is really nice!👍🏼 im down with the whole list minus the turbo upgrade. That would spell trouble in my household lol. Thanks for the ideas. Did you upgrade your turbo?

·
Registered
65 Posts
got a pic of it?
They look like this. Install involves removing the panel under the steering wheel, center dash trim (wood grain), Center console, and the rear of the arm rest to change out the panel. If you don’t have the vents in the back of the arm rest then you end up with the USB plugs and a little pocket. Instructions available on college hills‘ website.

If you ever thought of installing any other OE accessories (puddle lamps, ambient light kit, auto dimming mirror, lighted door sills, etc.) then doing them at the same time would save you effort. You have to remove most of the same panels to plug in the harnesses, and to run the wiring. You can install not-OE kits for these things, but the harnesses with them are well built and go exactly where you need them to. I did the ambient lights, and auto dimming mirror. Just bought the auto-dim harness (bought my mirror elsewhere) so it would cleanly plug up with the other accessory harness. I need to go back and wire in some LEDs for the rear of the car to the ambient light harness. I have them set to go, just haven’t installed them yet.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look like this. Install involves removing the panel under the steering wheel, center dash trim (wood grain), Center console, and the rear of the arm rest to change out the panel. If you don’t have the vents in the back of the arm rest then you end up with the USB plugs and a little pocket. Instructions available on college hills‘ website.

View attachment 4724

If you ever thought of installing any other OE accessories (puddle lamps, ambient light kit, auto dimming mirror, lighted door sills, etc.) then doing them at the same time would save you effort. You have to remove most of the same panels to plug in the harnesses, and to run the wiring. You can install not-OE kits for these things, but the harnesses with them are well built and go exactly where you need them to. I did the ambient lights, and auto dimming mirror. Just bought the auto-dim harness (bought my mirror elsewhere) so it would cleanly plug up with the other accessory harness. I need to go back and wire in some LEDs for the rear of the car to the ambient light harness. I have them set to go, just haven’t installed them yet.
Nice! It looks good! I don’t think that I have the vents in the back. I need to check it today! Thanks for the idea! I will also look up the video of the install as well 🙏🏽

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
I added the rear seat USB chargers. They will make the twins happy and installing them is definitely anything but boring.
If you ever thought of installing any other OE accessories (puddle lamps, ambient light kit, auto dimming mirror, lighted door sills, etc.) then doing them at the same time would save you effort. You have to remove most of the same panels to plug in the harnesses, and to run the wiring.
They USB chargers in the back are great for kids (in my case grandkids). 😁

Also if you are thinking of adding any of the other accessories mentioned by @icspots you definitely want to do them all at once. I had all of my accessories added prior to delivery of my car and received a discount on installation due to the labor saving of doing it all at one time (and me using that info when negotiating during purchase). So.... if you DIY do it one time, if you're having them installed do them all at one time and negotiate the labor cost.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They USB chargers in the back are great for kids (in my case grandkids). 😁

Also if you are thinking of adding any of the other accessories mentioned by @icspots you definitely want to do them all at once. I had all of my accessories added prior to delivery of my car and received a discount on installation due to the labor saving of doing it all at one time (and me using that info when negotiating during purchase). So.... if you DIY do it one time, if you're having them installed do them all at one time and negotiate the labor cost.
Yup. If you’re a DIYer the labor isn’t hard, it’s just involved in pulling lots of stuff apart.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.