2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are aftermarket motor mount upgrades with stiffer bushings/poly in them. My question is does anybody know if a mount insert made for the Accord the way Perrin and some other companies make inserts for the Civics as opposed to buying an entire mount. Just curious what options are out there. I haven't found an insert but I also haven't looked everywhere...

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
No inserts that I’ve seen. Only Hasport mounts that I am aware of.

Reactions: BrianNC

·
Registered
341 Posts
thats what I've been seeing too. I was hoping someone has found different. Seems to be worth the money regardless.
I run both top and bottom Hasport 62a. Car is definitely more responsive when delivering the power to the ground. One of my favorite mods.

Reactions: mkim316 and Mr.2.g0

·
Registered
953 Posts
From my findings most the suspension parts are same for the current Civics. I did a search recently when the last post was started looking for some inserts and a tranny mount as well. Did not search for Civic parts though. Whiteline also makes inserts for other vehicles.

·
Registered
953 Posts
This is what I found:
Both whitline and powerflex offer control arm inserts front and rear. Whiteline anti lift kit has the actual hardware and will usually change the camber/caster slightly to improve front grip (the kits worked well on the VW GTI's that were putting out 350-400 hp). They also have end links springs and other mounts suspension products. The RV6 products are pure race. Their full billet design will without question cause significant amount more nvh and be significantly stiffer. Again these are civic parts and I don't know if they will all fit.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I found:
Both whitline and powerflex offer control arm inserts front and rear. Whiteline anti lift kit has the actual hardware and will usually change the camber/caster slightly to improve front grip (the kits worked well on the VW GTI's that were putting out 350-400 hp). They also have end links springs and other mounts suspension products. The RV6 products are pure race. Their full billet design will without question cause significant amount more nvh and be significantly stiffer. Again these are civic parts and I don't know if they will all fit.
I'd have to check on all that. I was hoping the engine mount inserts would be available somewhere but it looks like they're all civic specific.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
9 Posts
I run both top and bottom Hasport 62a. Car is definitely more responsive when delivering the power to the ground. One of my favorite mods.
For the Hasport mounts, are you running unflanged or flanged? What's the difference in those options on their website?

I had read elsewhere that changing the motor mounts greatly increased the vibrations inside the car. How much of a difference do you notice?

·
Registered
38 Posts
For the Hasport mounts, are you running unflanged or flanged? What's the difference in those options on their website?

I had read elsewhere that changing the motor mounts greatly increased the vibrations inside the car. How much of a difference do you notice?
I just installed both upper and lower torque. I got the Hasport 62A unflanged, vibrations are minimal can barely tell the difference between stock and the Hasport ones. As I used their products before on my dc5 well worth the money, don’t cheap out and buy the stock manual one torque mounts

·
Registered
341 Posts

The Vibrations go away after a few hundred miles once the mounts settle. The only thing is the Engine note is more audible but if your going for speed mods that probably wont bother most. I run 62a top and bottom and its much better than factory when it comes to traction and keeping the motor stable.

Axion normally has them in stock and ready to ship. These guys are car guys also and know what they are talking about and selling.

Reactions: Dwnfrce

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was curious as well, so I contacted Hasport directly. Hasport said that the unflanged will produce less vibration.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you know if the unflanged version provides less improvement than the flanged 62A mount? Thanks.

I just installed both upper and lower torque. I got the Hasport 62A unflanged, vibrations are minimal can barely tell the difference between stock and the Hasport ones. As I used their products before on my dc5 well worth the money, don’t cheap out and buy the stock manual one torque mounts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.