2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 accord EX-L that i use for UBER has K24000. the AC is blowing cool air even when i move the button temperature from 72 down to low and vice versa, the ac air remains the same. went to the dealer and they said the car needs a EVAP flush for 189 dollars to restore it back to cold. Never heard a brand new car needing evap flush. At night i catch a break because its ice cold or randomly starts to blow cool air again. i live in new York city and this is my second summer. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone with the same issue. please comment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
An EVAP flush for a one old year car??? That should be a warranty item.

The dealer is trying to rip you off. It also sounds like the dealer is guessing. I'd go to another dealer or contact Honda Corp and complain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve worked for Honda for a little over 6 years. There’s a number of cars that have recently had AC issues that has left us is a bind.

The AC on my 17 SE was superior to my 19 Sport 2.0. Oddly even the Wipers were better on my 17 vs 19. Strange.

I think you’ll be seeing an AC recall in the near future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new facts, whenever i press the power button for the climate control the refresh button turns on even at 80. turn off the refresh button, turn off the power button and on again the refresh button is On. 2. with the climate On whenever i press the ECO button the refresh button turns On. Don't know what else. The dealer is reluctant to investigate the issue. they keep on saying everything is normal. even when the AC is at low blowing cool air at LOW settings..

·
Registered
204 Posts
new facts, whenever i press the power button for the climate control the refresh button turns on even at 80. turn off the refresh button, turn off the power button and on again the refresh button is On. 2. with the climate On whenever i press the ECO button the refresh button turns On. Don't know what else. The dealer is reluctant to investigate the issue. they keep on saying everything is normal. even when the AC is at low blowing cool air at LOW settings..
It's not a refresh button, but a recirculation button. It is operating normally.

Its purpose is to recirculate the cabin air so that your desired temperature is reached quickly. It does this by keeping outside ambient air from entering the cabin. After your desired cabin temperature is reached, the recirculation button will turn off and let fresh air mix with the cabin air. Without this feature your cabin would take longer to cool down in the summer or heat up in the winter.

It's described in your Owner's Manual, page 239.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, actually I have a Honda Accord Sport 2018 1.5. Recently i was driving and using my AC and it stoped blowing cold air. After I stoped for a few minutes, I turned my car on again and the AC started blowing litte pieces of ice from the vents and the cold air was running one more time but after a few miles it happened again. I need help with this problem. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts