2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my 2018 touring 2.0T for about two months now and there are a couple things that I’ve noticed that I’d like to share. Hopefully if anyone is thinking about buying a new Accord will find this helpful. I have a suspicion that I may have purchased a vehicle that maybe slipped through the cracks of the QA folks.
My issues are mainly with the body panels not quite lining up.
Maybe I’m nitpicking a little bit but for a 30k+car, that is top rated in just about every category, I’d expect it to be more buttoned up. I appreciate attention to detail and feel like Honda has missed the mark, at least on my vehicle.
Here are some things I’ve noticed:
-The corners of the hood, where they meet the c pillars don’t line up, there is a 1/4” offset right where the body lines are. It’s worse on the passenger side. I was able to push it a bit and re-align it but the seals don’t sit flush now.
- passenger rear door window trim is 1/4” off as well.
- drivers side door interior door handle is offset compared to the passenger side about 1/4”
- sound system extremely “tin sounding”
- compass disappears very often. I’ve reset the radio 3 times in 45 days.
- the hood vibrates like crazy. Right in the center, by the windshield.

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.... is it just my particular vehicle?
Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd be back in the dealer and look at the other cars on the lot so you can point out the differences. Take some pictures of your vehicle and use a plastic ruler or coin for reference points in determining the error. Ask to speak with a supervisor noting name and taking notes. Give them a shot to fix it and if they refuse, report to corporate with your findings and ammunition.

I bought mine using the COSTCO Auto Program, and the dealer shaded me on the price, so I am letting COSTCO go settle the adjustment if they fail, I will be going to raise so bad press with our local action line since the dealers moto is customer satisfaction guaranteed!

·
Registered
178 Posts
What is the build date of your Accord?

The problems you are having were showing up on earlier releases of the '18 Accord. Those issues have been discussed in detail on another Accord board. I believe Honda has improved their QA as a result of complaints and feedback. My Accord was built in March 2018 and other than the disappearing compass, I haven't noticed any of those issues.

Also, most dealers should be familiar with the problems and fixes by now. So, I suggested taking it back to your dealer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All the 2018 hoods "flutter" in the rear between the washer nozzles at speed. My biggest disappointment is with the sound system on my Touring 2.0T!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah, wow I can see why you're unimpressed. And Honda isn't going to do anything to rectify this issue for anyone who got one of the earlier builds?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's a few pics of what I'm talking about.
I don’t think that’s OCD sat all. It doesn’t look right. I’d go right back ! On mine the only think I’ve notice as far as imperfections is that there is a slightly larger gap on one side of my hook where it meets the fender. Compared to the other side, but it’s not that bad so I’m ok with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My doors / hood don't look like that, but the hood flutter is certainly there. I somehow didn't notice the hood flutter on test drive. But, to be honest, even if I had noticed it I would have bought the car. What I HAVE noticed and find incredibly annoying is a dash rattle where the HUD shines onto the window on my touring model. Going to look into it next week (tear **** apart and fix it) and will let you know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What I HAVE noticed and find incredibly annoying is a dash rattle where the HUD shines onto the window on my touring model. Going to look into it next week (tear **** apart and fix it) and will let you know.
Please keep us updated on this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
After reading this I went and took a really good look at mine. And my passenger back door os slightly off like yours. Have you taken it to the dealer ? I have to go back next week for something g else so I am going to point this out to them. Pushing on the door, inward lines it up but doesn’t stay like that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Like I stated in another post - Manufactures try Cranking out 4K-6K a month and after 5 Months small percentage equals 400-500 Vehicles , so Honda Dumps these at Dealers at a Reduced Price and
Their Body Shops & Detail Guys are Suppose to Attend to these Issues and NOTHING get done .. Pass it Off to the Unsuspecting Customer that is Over Whelmed looking at all the facts and Dash - trying to Figure stuff out ..

Buyer ends up Missing many Items - Sales Staff that have Looked at these Car for 3-5 Months on Their Lot "Know Dam Well" - what's Up ..
I Feel Honda should be making good with Customer that have Doors sticking out like that , The Dam Door - Constant Reminder in Your Mirror - every-time - Buyer Uses His or Her Mirror ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts