2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
So.. question I see a lot using d2 coils
I have them in my trunk waiting just want to see how they ride? I know they so stupid low
I am sorry for the late response, I have been very busy. The weight is significant. They weigh 23lbs each. Everything is almost installed. I am just missing the side skirts for now.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
UPDATE: 16/16/2020

From the last time I edited the thread to now I am pretty much full bolt on with CTR Turbo swap.

I dyno before the swap at 317WHP/327TQ on an E40 blend. I will be tuning tomorrow with a local tuner here in South Florida. I will be using Hondata as my platform and the only performance mod I have added as of lately was the Civic Type R Turbo.

The other mods I have gotten or upgraded was that I purchase was Falken Azenis and Truhart camber kit. Everything else is pretty much the same.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
For sure, I am almost done with majority of the build. I will update the thread soon.
UPDATE: 16/16/2020

From the last time I edited the thread to now I am pretty much full bolt on with CTR Turbo swap.

I dyno before the swap at 317WHP/327TQ on an E40 blend. I will be tuning tomorrow with a local tuner here in South Florida. I will be using Hondata as my platform and the only performance mod I have added as of lately was the Civic Type R Turbo.

The other mods I have gotten or upgraded was that I purchase was Falken Azenis and Truhart camber kit. Everything else is pretty much the same.
Awesome.. can't wait to see what kind of numbers you get after the tune.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So to briefly describe the tuning session. I went and baseline at 284hp/279tq. The dyno was a DynoJet. I was surprised that even with all the modifications done I would have been in 300's on both parameters.

As the tuner starts to dial parameters to we get 2HP gain and almost 60TQ on the fist pull. He notices immediately that dialing in more direct numbers that he is running out of fuel rather quickly. He starts to play with the settings and we play with fuel curves and pressure. Being that said he cannot go over 20PSI without maxing out the high pressure fuel pump. He stated that because I have an ethanol blond he couldn't raise the boost.

So I left with 355whp/364tq (E33 Blend) with 20PSI of boost.

I will go back hopefully within a month and tune on pump gas (93) and take my chances.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nice Build , Very Interesting on Tune seeing there is Not much of any E Blends in TN . .

Where O2 sensors Placement - Longer Wiring harness or other Items - One needs to Complete CTR Turbo Swap .. ( Special Down Pipe ) ?

Thanksgivings
Nothing special, the downpipe does need the bung for the 02 sensor. Other than that it's very simple.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
21 - 40 of 86 Posts