2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you're Honda-Link infotainment system needs to be updated, and there's a s/w update available for it, you can go into the wireless settings in your system, connect the system to a Wi-Fi network, and and update the system via that wireless connection.. I hope that helps you out a little bit!:cool:

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
tried to update the navi system and when I get to the start process with the usb in, it says vehicle needs to be running, but it is running
Are you plugging the memory drive into the USB port before starting the car?
If you're Honda-Link infotainment system needs to be updated, and there's a s/w update available for it, you can go into the wireless settings in your system, connect the system to a Wi-Fi network, and and update the system via that wireless connection.. I hope that helps you out a little bit!:cool:
OP is trying to do a navigation update which can't be done thru HondaLink.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
No, it still says vehicle needs to be running and it is running, honda dealership says they need $56 to do the update, I guess I’ll just go without the update
Have you tried a different thumb drive w/nothing on it other than the nav update? Also make sure the thumb drive is formatted to FAT 32.

I had an issue w/my map data not loading and another member found an easy (does not delete any of your personal settings) solution to remedy it by doing the following on the infotainment center....

SETTINGS > SYSTEM > DETAIL INFO > APP MANAGER > NAVIGATION > STORAGE > CLEAR DATA

The map loading issue isn't same as you are experiencing but thinking if it's software related glitch maybe clearing data will correct your issue.

Lastly, if you haven't already tried you may want to reset your Navigation system (and if that doesn't work) reset the entire Infotainment Center (Factory Data Reset) see attachments. Before doing the reset take note of what personal settings will be lost/deleted so you can save them for reinstall.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried a different thumb drive w/nothing on it other than the nav update? Also make sure the thumb drive is formatted to FAT 32.

I had an issue w/my map data not loading and another member found an easy (does not delete any of your personal settings) solution to remedy it by doing the following on the infotainment center....

SETTINGS > SYSTEM > DETAIL INFO > APP MANAGER > NAVIGATION > STORAGE > CLEAR DATA

The map loading issue isn't same as you are experiencing but thinking if it's software related glitch maybe clearing data will correct your issue.

Lastly, if you haven't already tried you may want to reset your Navigation system (and if that doesn't work) reset the entire Infotainment Center (Factory Data Reset) see attachments. Before doing the reset take note of what personal settings will be lost/deleted so you can save them for reinstall.
I did get a brand new 16GB drive and formatted to FAT 32, I will try clearing data, how do you reset the navigation? Also I got a recall notice for the BCM to be updated by the dealer, wondering if that might help this issue also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.