2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Navigation Audio Stinks & Limited Contacts

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Keyboard 
EngTech1 - You, too, probably aren't a fan of Android Auto like randeron but Android Auto does let you text via voice.
Me: "Hey Google"
Car: "BING!"
Me: "Send Connie at work a text message"
Car: "What is the message for Connie?"
Me: "I am 3 blocks away but stuck at a train crossing. I should be at work in about 10 minutes"
Car: "Your message is [blah blah blah]. Do you wish me to send or change the message?" <--something like that
Me: "Send"
Car: "Message sent"
::fews minutes goes by::
==Message from Connie== Press read banner
Car: "Connie says 'No worries, apparently everyone is running late'..Do you wish to reply?"
Me: "No"

Me personally I don't use the Honda navigation or even AM/FM/XM radio. I got A.A. with Pandora, I Heart Radio, a 64 gig USB with days worth of music on it and utilize WAZE navigation to get me from point A to point B fast and inform me of cops, construction, reroutes me if accident or slow traffic detected, etc...Also if someone does facebook messenger talk, it is treated like a phone call.
The Honda stuff is just on standby. I really don't use it as hardcore as your guys probably do.
Android Auto definitely makes things easier IMO too... I still use my XM but for all the other features you mention (texting, Waze, phone calls, etc.) I think it's much smarter/easier than using the OEM stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.