2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My navigation system works fine except when I change to either full screen mode or 3D mode. Normally the screen will show the icon for the car. As i drive, the icon remains stable and the map moves along with the car. However, when I switch to full screen or 3D mode, the map stays stagnant resulting in the car icon going off the screen as the car moves.

I brought this to the dealer (with photos) and they verified that I had the latest software. They have no idea what is causing this problem and they said I'd have to wait for a software fix.

Note: the dealer also said that in order to update the software, I have to be physically at the dealer in order to connect to their wifi. He showed me a document that actually said this. I've done the software updates at my home connected to my wifi and it ran to completion. Does anyone agree with the dealer on this??

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't see why that would be the case, but that's probably what they were instructed to tell owners. Gives them the opportunity to get your car into the shop for some upselling. Maybe that bug with the navigation software hasn't been properly patched yet?

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
I have updated my navigation on my home wifi w/o any incident.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My navigation system works fine except when I change to either full screen mode or 3D mode. Normally the screen will show the icon for the car. As i drive, the icon remains stable and the map moves along with the car. However, when I switch to full screen or 3D mode, the map stays stagnant resulting in the car icon going off the screen as the car moves.

I brought this to the dealer (with photos) and they verified that I had the latest software. They have no idea what is causing this problem and they said I'd have to wait for a software fix.

Note: the dealer also said that in order to update the software, I have to be physically at the dealer in order to connect to their wifi. He showed me a document that actually said this. I've done the software updates at my home connected to my wifi and it ran to completion. Does anyone agree with the dealer on this??
All updates are done at home via my WiFi no need for dealer handholding

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have you tried a factory reset of the infotainment system or even disconnecting the battery? If it's software related then it may need to be wiped and reupdated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am having the same issue. Car icon moves off the screen while the map stays stationary. Just had my 2.0t for 3 weeks and getting around to learning how to use Navigation. Obviously useless the way it's currently operating.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Hello! I had a bunch of issues with the nav/map system. My car updates the car software easily over my home WiFi, but I did go ahead and do the official Garmin map update via USB (google Garmin Map Update 2018 Accord and follow instructions). After doing the map update, most of my issues have disappeared with the exception of the mysteriously disappearing compass and navigation instructions in the HUD. Good luck and drive safely!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have opened a ticket at Honda In-Car Technical Support, Phone: 888-528-7876. The gentleman I chatted with indicated that I was the first caller with the issue. It's possible no one had a ticket opened, but doubt I'm first caller with issue. Anyway, if we want a solution to the problem everyone needs to call and report the issue. Also be ready to report what you have done, factory reset, undo neg battery cable, etc, and any results from those efforts.

I explained to the gentleman that this was not a broken cigar lighter, god I'm old, and that Navigation was essentially useless with the car icon driving off the screen and that I considered this my first contact under my state's Lemon Law.

We have to make some noise if we want this fixed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I talked to Honda In-Car Technology again this morning. I did a Factory Date Reset that accomplished nothing. Honda then suggested that I call Garmin Tech support. They suggested that I do update. I bought a new 16GB flash drive and downloaded and installed the update. On my car, the software shows version 2.06. The update was successfully installed with NO change in Navigation behavior. Car icon still drives off the screen.

Garmin said there was nothing more they could do and suggested that Honda is going to have to replace the unit. I am contacting my dealer now.

Garmin said they had no reports of similar issues so far. I urge anyone with this issue to call Honda In-Car Technology, 888-528-7876, and Garmin Tech support, 855-607-2536, and report this issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
With the assistance of Garmin Tech Support I upgraded my Navigation via USB. Garmin said that is the only way to update the Navigation is via USB. That being said my Navigation software is now version 2.06. The problem with the car icon driving off the screen remains. Garmin said there is nothing more they could offer that the unit should be replaced by Honda. Next stop is the local Honda dealer, don't know how that will go since I purchased the car in another town.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My dealer has informed me that there is no feature for full screen GPS view. Since there is not a full screen feature, they say there is no issue. Basically I've been told not to touch the screen that move the GPS to a full screen view. The issue has been closed at the dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Apple CarPlay requires a USB to be connected.
The garmin system is suppose to be for ease of use.

I think the member above may have a faulty part. Hopefully it resolves at the dealer.

Btw, waze and google maps are coming to iPhone this fall.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From the garmin website for updating the maps:

“We are sorry for the inconvenience, the 2019 map update has been delayed until Aug 15, 2018. Please check back then.”

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Garmin Navigation on my 2018 Accord Hybrid changed from miles to KM yesterday. How do I change this back. The manual never mentions distance units. I contacted Honda Support and they referred me to the distance units for the trip odometers which are set for miles. I have been trying to get back to Honda but no luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts