2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Accord Touring with navigation. There are two navigation issue I'm trying to resolve:

1. When I remove the information at the bottom of the screen (like direction) in order to make the screen view of the map larger, the screen enlarges but the icon for the vehicle stops moving along the road. The map itself moves but the icon stays frozen.

2. When I switch from 2D mode to 3D, the icon stays in one place while the map moves.

Anyone else have theses issues or know how to solve them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually have this issue backwards. It's the map that freezes and the car icon just moves off the screen. Sorry for the confusion but it's still a problem.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Could be an issue with the software, which may need to be reset. If you hold the power button for +5 seconds that should cause it to reboot. If you're still running into the problem afterwards then you may have to wait on a patch. Could also try disconnecting the positive terminal on the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which power button are you referring to? Ignition power? Radio power? Something else?

Could be an issue with the software, which may need to be reset. If you hold the power button for +5 seconds that should cause it to reboot. If you're still running into the problem afterwards then you may have to wait on a patch. Could also try disconnecting the positive terminal on the battery.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The power button on the radio. Should cause the system to reset, though I don't know if that will fix a software glitch.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Power button is not going to help.

Go into settings/navigation/Restore Factory Default Settings. Page-50 in the Navi manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Unfortunately as we don't know what exactly is causing the issue, there is no guarantee that a reset or wipe will fix your problem. Though its worth trying if its still occurring on a regular basis. Have you mentioned the problem to your dealer?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am having the same issue. Car icon moves off the screen while the map stays stationary. Just had my 2.0t for 3 weeks and getting around to learning how to use Navigation. Obviously useless the way it's currently operating.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have opened a ticket at Honda In-Car Technical Support, Phone: 888-528-7876. The gentleman I chatted with indicated that I was the first caller with the issue. It's possible no one had a ticket opened, but doubt I'm first caller with issue. Anyway, if we want a solution to the problem everyone needs to call and report the issue. Also be ready to report what you have done, factory reset, undo neg battery cable, etc, and any results from those efforts.

I explained to the gentleman that this was not a broken cigar lighter, god I'm old, and that Navigation was essentially useless with the car icon driving off the screen. I also let him know that I considered this my first contact under my state's Lemon Law.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts