2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EX-L
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with Naviks? I bought two units that allow me to use the video while in motion as well as mirror my iphone for things like Netflix and Youtube and such (Shh...don't tell).

I've got everything hooked up, but when the video comes up, it shows the reverse camera backup assist lines and options. I called support and they told me to just turn them off (which I'd like to avoid if possible).

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have seen those advertised and wondered if they worked well. Naviks seems to be one of only a few that market that product.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EX-L
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after less than an hour using it, I hate it. It uses the backup camera feed and basically hacks into the screen. Then you have to turn off all the backup guides while it leaves the camera options at the bottom of the screen. It’s just too much work and too much money for something that feels half ass.

I’m taking it out and returning it. Get my money back!

Reactions: Samuelx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear that didn't work out! I will post on here if I find a suitable alternative.
I sit in my car a lot between appointments and want to use the 8" screen to watch videos / browse internet while I wait.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EX-L
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like the BEST way is to jailbreak your iPhone. I'm looking into that as I've done it before. We'll see how that works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts