2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Super weird. I've had mine running since January with no problems. I'm running the axxess dsp into a Kenwood 5 channel. Morels front and Rear and Kicker sub. The only Problem I've ever had is that at super high volume I get breakup, but honestly I think its cause I'm pushing the amp too hard. Have you called metra?
Ya, they don't know what's going on either. Just keep having me try different things. It worked fine for a few months.. little finicky but nothing crazy. It just doesn't feel like a well made or stable device. Trying to find alternatives. Might go with jl audio and audio control. Hopefully Monday I'll know which one worked as a replacement. Fingers
crossed 馃.
Ya, maybe you are clipping somewhere., either HU or amp. I went a little crazy with my setup... :/ been a headache since I started in Oct.

Registered
2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
I had similar issues to the max volume I can put up to was 29 I don't know the DSP just seems cheaply made from Metra. I went with sound control and the audio quality changed from night to day

Registered
Looking at the kicker 47 keyloc, with built in dsp. Any thoughts? Also noticed my morels in the rear clip easier than my kickers up front, but they have lower power rating and I'm a little over their power limit by about 5w rms.

Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10spd
JL Audio Twk 82. Been running for over a year. Zero issues. Crystal clear.

Registered
JL Audio Twk 82. Been running for over a year. Zero issues. Crystal clear.
You mentioned this in my other dsp thread and been meaning to ask you. I did look into it them, I would have to do more wiring, could make it work. Is there a reason you don't like the Kicker dsp, or just have experience with the jbl stuff?

Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10spd
You mentioned this in my other dsp thread and been meaning to ask you. I did look into it them, I would have to do more wiring, could make it work. Is there a reason you don't like the Kicker dsp, or just have experience with the jbl stuff?
ive used Audio Control and JL for a DSP. The clarity of sound with JL is absolutely amazing in my experience. I will always use JL from here on in. Just my opinion though. I鈥檝e had kicker Subs and Amps before, they are nice also.

Reactions: Vegashybrid

Registered
ive used Audio Control and JL for a DSP. The clarity of sound with JL is absolutely amazing in my experience. I will always use JL from here on in. Just my opinion though. I鈥檝e had kicker Subs and Amps before, they are nice also.
Cool good to know. Really liking their KS 6.5 components in my front doors, first time using their products.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts