2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was driving on the highway when an 18 wheeler blew a tire and part of it came my way, not being able to avoid it I ran over it. Went under and down the driver side of the car. What I thought was minor damage to my under body panels and a scratch on the front lip has now become this.
Friday on my way home it started making noise, first was a steady click every wheel rotation - took the wheel off yesterday plus brake pads - put back together and clicking noise has stopped but now it’s making this noise

CV Axle is not damaged- to the eye. Nothing stands out. No leaks rips

Wheel Bearing??

So that’s what I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
To me it sounds like a cord or part of a belt from the truck tire has wrapped around a cv shaft and is scraping against something as the wheels spin
Try putting the whole front end up on jack stands then spining the wheels by hand and listen if nothing try starting the car and turn the wheels under power see if you can still hear the noise
If not jack the back up and spin those wheels listening it may be something around a back wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To me it sounds like a cord or part of a belt from the truck tire has wrapped around a cv shaft and is scraping against something as the wheels spin
Try putting the whole front end up on jack stands then spining the wheels by hand and listen if nothing try starting the car and turn the wheels under power see if you can still hear the noise
If not jack the back up and spin those wheels listening it may be something around a back wheel.
Thanks for the input. I figured it out yesterday and forgot to post. It was my brake caliper. Would engage but wouldn’t release once I let off the brake. Turns out I had a seized pin - ran to AutoZone picked one up and she’s working properly now.
Thanks again for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.