2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 2018 sport 2.0, I love the car. Went from the 2015 lx to this and am beyond happy with the upgrade. Anyway I do not know much about cars or adding anything to them. I am wondering about what I can do to hear some more power in the car and maybe add a little bit in the process. Some of my buddies have so starting off with a cold air intake and/or a catback or axelbck. I don’t want the car to sound too crazy. Just enough to make it sound a little more slick than stock. Any help works I’m just not that knowledgeable on cars which I regret haha, never too late to start!
-thanks in advance

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you hoping to leave the exhaust system stock? One option is to go for an aftermarket exhaust system or go for a different exhaust-tip style.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn’t matter too much to me! My buddy said a catback or acelback would help with the exhaust I think... right? I’m thinking to start small with just an intake and maybe a catback. Like I mentioned I necessarily don’t want it to sounds like a racing car or anything haha just want it to sound a bit better than the stock

·
Registered
83 Posts
Doesn’t matter too much to me! My buddy said a catback or acelback would help with the exhaust I think... right? I’m thinking to start small with just an intake and maybe a catback. Like I mentioned I necessarily don’t want it to sounds like a racing car or anything haha just want it to sound a bit better than the stock
Axle-back will not net you barely any gains and a cat-back will probably get something but barely noticeable in gains. It is mostly just for "sound" if that is your intended goal. And a intake will probably give you the most 10-12whp if possible with a tune.

Right now there isn't anything out for the 10th gen accord as in performance parts on the shelves yet. You can alternatively just get a custom made exhaust and even an X-intake at a local shop. Only thing I see available right now are D2 adjustable coilovers on CarID.

·
Registered
7 Posts
for sound, just get an aftermarket exhaust. if it's less restrictive then you will get some gains. it may not be much. This will be the least expensive option

for performance, you want to get a less restrictive intake, then a full turbo-back exhaust. so down-pipe, high flow cat, then performance exhaust. once you have all that, then go in for a tune. All of this is pricey, but definitely the route if you want more performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts