2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy everyone,

Decided to finally jump back in the Honda Accord game. I just recently (on Saturday) bought a brand new (5 miles on it) 2019 Platinum White Pearl 2.0 Sport 6MT. Traded in my 2012 Acura TSX Wagon that I had had for four years prior. I've been a Honda owner in one form or another since 2006 when I bought my first CPO Accord Coupe V6 6MT. Put over 200k miles on that awesome piece of machinery and was very active in the 7th gen community over on V6p and got rid of it in 2014 for an 07 TL Type-S 6MT. Let me tell you... that was the biggest mistake I've ever made. The Accord was leaps and bounds a better car all around and it wasn't even really close (and I say this loving the 3rd Gen TLs as some of the best looking cars around).

I kept the TL-s for just over a year and got rid of it for my '12 TSX Wagon. The CW2 was a fantastic vehicle... reliable, plenty of cargo room for the dogs, and carried my cycling gear great. The only problem with it was that it was only available in an A/T. I had been getting the itch to get back into a DD 6MT, so here I am. I've had my eye on these Accords since they came out and have test driven plenty of the 6MT 2.0 Sports, so I was ecstatic when my wife finally relented and let me go buy one.

The other car in my garage is a 2008 Laguna Blue Pearl S2000. I'm the second owner and I bought it in March, 2012 CPO with 38k miles on it. It's got 90k on it now... it definitely gets driven. It's the second best car I've ever owned (behind only the '03 Accord Coupe v6 6MT).

Anyway... looking forward to getting to learn more about these cars and the technology in them and what we can do to advance the modification community. Like I said earlier, I was big in the 7th gen community and have torn apart many J series motors. Really looking forward to seeing this platform advance and am happy to be a part of the Accord community again.

Cheers, everyone, and thanks for reading!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome, fellow Ohioan here down in Cincy. I have lots of family up in the Findlay area. Great looking car collection. I love the look of the TSX wagon. Welcome

·
Administrator
2,559 Posts
Welcome and congrats!!! Wife is a TL/TLX owner and I love giving her the business about her car is a "Honda" too. :grin: Her Acura salesperson wants to put me in an A-Spec TLX (awful tempting)…. I keep telling them why spend the extra $$$ when I can spank the A-Spec TLX w/my Accord. :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, fellow Ohioan here down in Cincy. I have lots of family up in the Findlay area. Great looking car collection. I love the look of the TSX wagon. Welcome
Thanks! I'm actually in Dayton now. Grew up in Milford, though, so I know the Cincy area well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and congrats!!! Wife is a TL/TLX owner and I love giving her the business about her car is a "Honda" too. :grin: Her Acura salesperson wants to put me in an A-Spec TLX (awful tempting)…. I keep telling them why spend the extra $$$ when I can spank the A-Spec TLX w/my Accord. :smile:
If Acura offered a TLX in a 6-speed I'd consider it, but since they don't... its back to Honda. And I'm glad to be back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts