2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,
Previously, I have only owned Honda Civics. Two Honda Civics before this vehicle. Well, thought I would love to someday upgrade to a Honda Accord and the 10th Generation Radiate Red version LX was perfect. When I drove it off the lot, It only had 4 miles on it. Now it has about a little over 1600 and down to 80% oil. I have only had it since November 29th of last year. I did add some additions, I have seen at least three or more Honda Accords of the same color and thought I wanted to make my Lexi (her name) more unique. I have included pictures of many of the additions, gills, red ring start button, red gear shift knob, red steering wheel center emblem, black trimmed red floor mats, black and red steering wheel cover. I have not taken a picture of the cotton black with red emblem shoulder harness cover and side moldings.
I am already enjoying the different threads of what others think and are doing with their 2018 Honda Accords. I keep toying around with tinting the windows, but still debating that one and seems as if the window visors are also a decision up in the air for now.

Wonderful to join you all. I do find that the Honda Accord handles a bit easier and fluidly than either of my Honda Civics. So far the different safety features are kind of still having me get used to them, but they so far pose no huge problems. I don't mind it is not a six cylinder since I have only had four-cylinder vehicles for the most part and this Accord is just perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the forum good to see that you're already making the car your own. What are those rear window covers/louvers? Are they some kind of fabric or like a sticker?

·
Registered
242 Posts
In before someone says they will add horsepower because often that's the case with aesthetic related mods you dont see that often. Or at least mods that are, dare I say, unpopular? Not my taste but its you money and I rather see someone going their own personal route than copying everyone else.
Side note, louvers on the original accord hatch was my favorite but we live in different times!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, they are plastic. They come in several different finishes. All black, but you can get black glossy or matte as a choice in addition to the carbon fiber which is what I purchased. You can not really tell until you get up close. I am not really handy, but I watched a video on Youtube for how to put them on. They remain on due to strategically placed 3m thin tape. I left as the Youtube Video guy did a little space at one of the corners for water draining when I wash it. It seems to be working and the 3m tape is holding up since I have washed my car several times after waiting I think several days before doing so.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally, I added them because where I live and know I am not the only person, I can count how many others have purchased the same identical vehicle, in the same color after I drove mine off the lot and returned to where I live. Also, I have seen at least two other vehicles where the owner also added side moldings. One person owning the same edition, same color, same side moldings is someone who also lives in my apartment complex.

Also, I think other than the metallic hue of red, there must be the 9th edition or one which is very similar to the 10th edition also on the road. At least twice, I have pressed my key remote fob thinking from a distance I was doing so to open the door of my vehicle, but upon closer inspection, looking at the wheels, found it was someone else's car.

I wanted to add some features to personalize mine and at the same time distinguish my Honda Accord (Lexi is her name) from the others where I live. So, far, I have only seen a Mustang with the louvers. Also, there is something about the fin on the top of the vehicle which reminds me of a shark's fin and the louvers remind me of a shark's gills. Believe for now they are aesthetically pleasing, kind of unique looking and believe they will not be difficult to remove if I want to simply not have them on the windows at all or get another version other than the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, believe for anything else I would have to be more experienced. I have thought about tinting the windows, also thought about the red Honda symbol which is on the steering wheel can also be added to the front and to the rear emblems. However, I believe they would require more knowledge and experience than I possess. Also, when I look at the different levels of tints, although they seem interesting, I am not really wanting to alter the windows by making them darker, even by a little. On other vehicles, and I have seen the tinting on the same make, model, and color as mine, it does not appear to look bad, just kind of not my style. For now, believe I have finished. I keep in mind to only do a few things to make her stand out and if I overdo it she will appear gaudy. The few touches, mostly inside are enough to make her stand out to me when I get inside of her. On the outside, the louvers are enough to distinguish her so for now mission accomplished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts