2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo yo yo whaddup fellas I just got this accord recently with 15k miles and I'm interested in swapping just the muffler on it. I've been thinking about MagnaFlow 5" X 8" Oval Center/Dual Straight Through Performance Muffle and I was wondering if this would actually do anything to void my warranty?

I've looked around the forums and I haven't seen anybody change the OEM muffler for a performance one it's always muff/res deletes or cat back exhausts so I was wondering what the experienced Accord drivers here thought about it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yo yo yo whaddup fellas I just got this accord recently with 15k miles and I'm interested in swapping just the muffler on it. I've been thinking about MagnaFlow 5" X 8" Oval Center/Dual Straight Through Performance Muffle and I was wondering if this would actually do anything to void my warranty?

I've looked around the forums and I haven't seen anybody change the OEM muffler for a performance one it's always muff/res deletes or cat back exhausts so I was wondering what the experienced Accord drivers here thought about it?
Bump

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
I've never seen a warranty voided over something like that. You wouldn't have the muffler covered under any bumper to bumper warranty but thats probably it. you'll have a warranty on the muffler from magnaflow anyway. I personally bought mine out of warranty already and did a muffler delete so regardless warranty was never a concern for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've never seen a warranty voided over something like that. You wouldn't have the muffler covered under any bumper to bumper warranty but thats probably it. you'll have a warranty on the muffler from magnaflow anyway. I personally bought mine out of warranty already and did a muffler delete so regardless warranty was never a concern for me.

How does the car sound with a muffler delete? Did you touch the resonators, and any drone?

·
Registered
560 Posts
How does the car sound with a muffler delete? Did you touch the resonators, and any drone?
I just took out the mufflers, left the resonator. Honestly, it's only a little louder than factory at idle. With the windows up its not too loud but the tone is pretty deep for a 4 cylinder. you get some drone on decel from higher rpm but its really not bad. Highway driving I don't really get anything in the cabin at all. For the price it gave me what I was looking for, something that was louder than stock without being raspy or sounding like a swarm of bees lol Hard to beat for a mild exhaust note on a daily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just took out the mufflers, left the resonator. Honestly, it's only a little louder than factory at idle. With the windows up its not too loud but the tone is pretty deep for a 4 cylinder. you get some drone on decel from higher rpm but its really not bad. Highway driving I don't really get anything in the cabin at all. For the price it gave me what I was looking for, something that was louder than stock without being raspy or sounding like a swarm of bees lol Hard to beat for a mild exhaust note on a daily.
Do you think changing the stock mufflers for Magnaflow Performance mufflers w/ everything else stock (resonators still in) will sound good? I haven't seen anybody do it online.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do you think changing the stock mufflers for Magnaflow Performance mufflers w/ everything else stock (resonators still in) will sound good? I haven't seen anybody do it online.
I don't see why not. I've always done cat backs until just the muffler delete on this one. I had one EG civic that had a magnaflow muffler on a stock exhaust and it sounded just fine. Worth a shot if you ask me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts