2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a new 2019 EX-L with the 2.0 T engine and 10 speed auto transmission. This is my first Honda product, coming after a long string of German cars ... including BMW, Audi, and Mercedes sedans and sports cars. Still have my 2013 Porsche Boxster S though. ?

So far, with just under 2,000 miles, the Accord is turning out to be a fantastic driving car. Excellent suspension, transmission, steering, and that 2.0 is an amazing engine. Interior is very well done, and I'm loving Apple CarPlay.

My only disappointment has been external panel fit. Seams are really wide and uneven, and the panel fit has been poor, especially compared to my German cars. I did take it in to my local body shop and had them adjust the rear doors and the hood, which now fit much better. Other than that, no complaints at all ... and it drives as well and feels as solid as any of those German cars I have owned. Well, maybe except for my Porsche.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know it's brand new, but I got michelin pilot 4s for 2.0t and it makes a world of difference. Won't beat your porsche, but should give you a greater appreciation for the rest of the car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's brand new, but I got michelin pilot 4s for 2.0t and it makes a world of difference. Won't beat your porsche, but should give you a greater appreciation for the rest of the car
That's what I'm running on my Porsche now. Replaced the Pirelli P-Zeroes that were on it. Fantastic tires. I'll keep the Michelin Energy tires that are on the Accord for now, but next year will probably replace them with the Pilots. Excellent suggestion!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's what I'm running on my Porsche now. Replaced the Pirelli P-Zeroes that were on it. Fantastic tires. I'll keep the Michelin Energy tires that are on the Accord for now, but next year will probably replace them with the Pilots. Excellent suggestion!
It’s crazy. Even with those tires you can spin the wheels. I love this car haha

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
Recently bought a new 2019 EX-L with the 2.0 T engine and 10 speed auto transmission. This is my first Honda product, coming after a long string of German cars ... including BMW, Audi, and Mercedes sedans and sports cars. Still have my 2013 Porsche Boxster S though. ?

So far, with just under 2,000 miles, the Accord is turning out to be a fantastic driving car. Excellent suspension, transmission, steering, and that 2.0 is an amazing engine. Interior is very well done, and I'm loving Apple CarPlay.

My only disappointment has been external panel fit. Seams are really wide and uneven, and the panel fit has been poor, especially compared to my German cars. I did take it in to my local body shop and had them adjust the rear doors and the hood, which now fit much better. Other than that, no complaints at all ... and it drives as well and feels as solid as any of those German cars I have owned. Well, maybe except for my Porsche.

View attachment 3723
Welcome!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts