2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally made it back to the Honda family. My parents owned a white 1990 or 1991 Honda Accord EX and then also 1998 forrest green Accord EX and actually my parents who are now retired in the Philippines own a 2 or 3 year old CR-V.

Anyways back to myself my last 6 cars were these: 2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner, 2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition, 2003 Rav 4 which was passed down to me from parents, a 2015 Toyota Prius, and a 2017 Mazda CX-5.

What brought me back to a Honda Accord was that my CX-5 started having major engine issues at 67,000 miles and since I drive a lot for work I needed to get a fuel efficient hybrid car. I was looking at either a Camry or Accord hybrid and test drove both. What sold me on Accord Hybrid was trim and interior car space and mainly because I got an awesome deal where I managed to get 3300K knocked off the MSRP sticker price and got the lowest 1.9% apr rate. I also managed to get my CX-5 appraised by 3 Honda dealers in my area and managed to get 1K above kbb price and did a separate used car sale to the dealer which paid off my car loan on the CX-5 and did not roll over or transfer any negative balance onto my new separate financed Accord loan.

This all happened within a 3 day period and took all day yesterday to negotiate with the dealer I end up doing with my 2 separate deals and drove off with the new Accord Hybrid EX. I was just drained and exhausted by the time I finally got home last night

Trust me in the past I've done my homework and use website tool like True Car, Costco auto purchasing program, dealing strictly with car dealership internet managers or car deal brokers. What made this urgent and why I got it done in 3 days and basically the old fashioned way was because I knew my CX-5 was dying and I had to get out of it ASAP.

If anyone needs info on which dealer to deal with and who specifically to work with in Southern California or San Diego county specifically shoot me a PM or respond to this thread and I'll glad share info.

Sorry for the long intro post :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on getting your Accord.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts