2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought my 2020 Hybrid in Obsidian Blue Pearl this July and am loving it so far. I've owned Hondas for 20 years and this is my first hybrid. I just have one concern and was curious if any owners have noticed this. The paint seems ultra sensitive. I have accidentally scratched it twice with an emerald and silver ring I wear. Emerald isn't a hard stone and I hardly grazed my hand against the vehicle and it scratched it. None of my other Hondas has had paint this sensitive! I also noticed that the inside driver's side door frame looks like it only has one coat of paint on it. I became concerned that I may just have a vehicle that was assembled too quickly and when I figured out the assembly date- March of 2020, I thought maybe since that was when Covid-19 was beginning to shut everything down in the US, that I may have just purchased a car that wasn't assembled with the same quality and care I am used to with Honda. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum glad to have you with us. Unfortunately what you are experiencing with the paint has been documented amongst other members. The paint seems to be susceptible to damage really easy.... whether it be scratches or chips. 馃槱

Reactions: lemans566

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum glad to have you with us. Unfortunately what you are experiencing with the paint has been documented amongst other members. The paint seems to be susceptible to damage really easy.... whether it be scratches or chips. 馃槱
Thanks for the reply! Good to know that I'm not the only one, but concerning at the same time! I wonder if I take it back to the dealership if they'd repair it?

Super Moderator
Dealer may repair it, but since it was caused by you and not a factory defect.... good luck. You may want to check w/local car detailer they should be able to get the scratch out for you if it's not too deep. Also you may want to check into getting ceramic coating for the car as some have said this helps protect the paint.

Super Moderator
Ok, thank you. I'll look into that.
You're welcome... good luck, let us know how it goes and if you decide to get the ceramic coating.

Registered
Hi. I bought my 2020 Hybrid in Obsidian Blue Pearl this July and am loving it so far. I've owned Hondas for 20 years and this is my first hybrid. I just have one concern and was curious if any owners have noticed this. The paint seems ultra sensitive. I have accidentally scratched it twice with an emerald and silver ring I wear. Emerald isn't a hard stone and I hardly grazed my hand against the vehicle and it scratched it. None of my other Hondas has had paint this sensitive! I also noticed that the inside driver's side door frame looks like it only has one coat of paint on it. I became concerned that I may just have a vehicle that was assembled too quickly and when I figured out the assembly date- March of 2020, I thought maybe since that was when Covid-19 was beginning to shut everything down in the US, that I may have just purchased a car that wasn't assembled with the same quality and care I am used to with Honda. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!
Hey do you know how to change map color has green color cant stand

Super Moderator
1 - 8 of 8 Posts