2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to fly from Denver to Salt Lake City to find a Sport that wasn't black, white or 50 shades of gray. I made a promise to myself never to buy another one of those. I bought a 2021 Still Night Dark (or whatever it is called) Sport 2.0T and drove it back to my home in Erie, CO.

My current fleet consists of the Sport, 2019 Miata 30th Anniversary Edition (Racing Orange) and a 2021 C8 Corvette in Racing Blue. I also have a 5/8th scale Lotus 7 with a 3.5 HP engine (see avatar) which I had built after I built and owned a 2005 Caterham 7 SV in BMW Laguna Seca Blue in which I installed a turbocharged 1.8 liter Miata engine and transmission.

I've been a life long gearhead and this Sport is the 356th car/truck I've owned. The Sport replaced a 2019 Ram 1500 that just came off lease. I bought the truck from the lease company and sold it to CarMax for a nice profit which went towards the purchase of the Sport.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to fly from Denver to Salt Lake City to find a Sport that wasn't black, white or 50 shades of gray. I made a promise to myself never to buy another one of those. I bought a 2021 Still Night Dark (or whatever it is called) Sport 2.0T and drove it back to my home in Erie, CO.

My current fleet consists of the Sport, 2019 Miata 30th Anniversary Edition (Racing Orange) and a 2021 C8 Corvette in Racing Blue. I also have a 5/8th scale Lotus 7 with a 3.5 HP engine (see avatar) which I had built after I built and owned a 2005 Caterham 7 SV in BMW Laguna Seca Blue in which I installed a turbocharged 1.8 liter Miata engine and transmission.

I've been a life long gearhead and this Sport is the 356th car/truck I've owned. The Sport replaced a 2019 Ram 1500 that just came off lease. I bought the truck from the lease company and sold it to CarMax for a nice profit which went towards the purchase of the Sport.
Like you, I was determined to own a COLORED (preferably blue) car after seeing many grey & silver models hit - often when at a stand-still. During a month of online shopping, I decided this same car was THE ONE for me, but I couldn't find one with every feature, low miles, in blue. I invited some Honda dealers near town to help me search, and was soon alerted to a brand new (2021 w/ 4 miles!) Accord 2.0T Sport that just rolled off a truck! A few days later, it was mine. Even though I have to wait months for my ankle to heal after a recent wreck, I could not expect to find this again later, so I am riding shotgun with my wife for now. Congratulations to us both!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed a set of front and rear Weathertech floor mats in the Sport today. Nice fit, I usually do that just to keep the floors clean and when the mats get dirty I pull them out and wash them in the utility sink in my shop.

I also ordered a set for my C8 and neither side fit, not even close on the driver's side. I will be sending them back for a refund. I tried to get a set shortly after I got the car in August but they were not available then. After ordering the set for the Sport I checked and they were available so I sprung for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took a trip to the new Weathertech store today to see what can be done about the fit of the floormats in my C8. One of the techs came out to the car and had me try to install the mats. When the driver side still didn't mate with the pins in the floor she moved in and manipulated the mat and got it to lock down. The passenger side still has the gap on the lip near the door but she said to watch it for a week or two and see if it closes up, if not bring it back and she will try a new one. I think I will try a little heat from a heat gun to help it along.

While I was at their store I bought a sun roof deflector. I have opened it once and the wind noise was unacceptable. I'll install it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. Its been a long time since I owned a car with a sunroof. I have had many convertibles over the years and have two of them now.

Today I saw two Sports in the same blue as mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.