2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice, seen videos on this intake. Sounds REALLY nice for the price. Have you seen any performance loss after driving for a while or when it gets real hot? Also, if you are under warranty and have you brought it to dealer with this mod on? If so, they mention anything about the add on?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Installed a short Ram Intake really Compliments the Blow Off from the Turbo i have some Body mods coming soon but eventually want to Throw a K-Tuner on this girl.
I’m not sure if you’re aware but the short ram like you installed while looks good and ups the sound of the BOV they actually hurt performance. It’s been proven with every day driving in traffic around town your going to reduce power due to heat soak and engine heat being ingested by the open filter. In rare cases this can even lead to increased Knock/ping because of the hot air being sucked into the motor. Your best bet is to stick to a true cold air intake with either a sealed filter or a relocated filter to inside the fender.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I’m not sure if you’re aware but the short ram like you installed while looks good and ups the sound of the BOV they actually hurt performance. It’s been proven with every day driving in traffic around town your going to reduce power due to heat soak and engine heat being ingested by the open filter. In rare cases this can even lead to increased Knock/ping because of the hot air being sucked into the motor. Your best bet is to stick to a true cold air intake with either a sealed filter or a relocated filter to inside the fender.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes this style intake places the filter inside a protective shroud and only allows the cooler air from outside the engine bay to enter the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.