2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker of this forum and finally decided to get on-board once I got mine.

Tried going with a 6MT for almost a year now and a few months back Honda announced they had killed them. So I decided to go with a 2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
Welcome... congrats on getting your Accord!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep yep welcome to the forums! Congrats on your record I have a modern steel metallic In the same trim and nicknamed its sporty! Gentlemen's type r... freaking love it You're going to love it! It's one **** of a beast!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice Buy , Welcome :

I wonder if Honda will bring back 6 speed If a lot of Customers - start Demanding more Sporty Versions . .

I usally never use Sport mode but having some Cooler Temps I have been trying it out and Man It Snarls Nicely . . Plus Scoots . .
Haha, oh yeah dude sport mode snarls nicely! I honestly use sport mode everyday..honestly, for me, no reason not to. That's why I bought the car. It's meant for that mode! Throttle is much more sensitive and enthusiasts inspiring, and revs nicely. Talk about VTech turbo! yeah, as long as customer demand is there to back up the 6- speed manual version of the Accord sport, Honda could bring it back... However, I doubt Honda will. I will admit though that I watched a lot of YouTube reviews of the six-speed manual Accord Sport 2.0 t and a lot of reviewers said that the manual while it was a nice option was very rubbery feeling and clunky. Compared to the 10-speed automatic, compared to the Civic SI and type R 6-speed manual transmissions.

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
I wonder if Honda will bring back 6 speed If a lot of Customers - start Demanding more Sporty Versions . .
Honda could bring it back... However, I doubt Honda will.
I'm in agreement with @eric38.schwartz... as much as some may like/miss the MT I don't think the demand will be great enough for Honda to bring it back. If you look at the automotive industry most MT's are being deleted across the board. Technology has advanced so that an automatic (in some vehicles) can be driven like a MT w/o the use of a clutch.

MT like cursive writing will be like the age of dinosaur's and something we have to tell/teach our grandkids about. 😁

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm in agreement with @eric38.schwartz... as much as some may like/miss the MT I don't think the demand will be great enough for Honda to bring it back. If you look at the automotive industry most MT's are being deleted across the board. Technology has advanced so that an automatic (in some vehicles) can be driven like a MT w/o the use of a clutch.

MT like cursive writing will be like the age of dinosaur's and something we have to tell/teach our grandkids about. 😁
well, thank you very much for the support! I don't want to admit it either, but manual transmissions are going away like the dinosaur's did unfortunately :-( I blame it on technology and unfortunately a lot of Americans laziness to not want to shift gears. For example, look at a lot of modern-day European cars, there are all available with manual transmissions. For example the European version of Volkswagens, and BMWs, and a few Audis are available with the manual transmission. Mostly Volkswagens. In Europe, they also drive a lot smaller cars because they have smaller more narrow roads but you get the idea. This is how America is now. I understand that a lot of people may not like shifting their own gears, but between 10-speed automatic transmissions being very smooth, and technology advancing self, unfortunately this is the case. I mean thank God Honda does make a beautiful 6-speed manual transmission for the Civic SI and the type R and honestly, so does Porsche and a few other car manufacturers including BMW still make manual transmissions. In fact they director of BMW m division said that the 2021 BMW m3/m4 will be available from the factory with a six-speed manual transmission. You can option an eight speed automatic with paddles. This is the same thing as The campaign called #save the manual! I've always driven manual transmission cars. When I started dating my now wife, she refused to learn stick shift. 😭 That's the reality of the situation. My mom drove manual transmission back in the early seventies but she hated it. I got that love of manual transmissions for my father of course, and right now you have to look very carefully for sports car that has a nice manual transmission. 😁😉🏁🏎. honestly, in the future when I can afford to, plan on getting a weekend car for cheap with a manual transmission. Manual transmissions will never die but they'll become very rare. I do love using the panels in my sporty, and the 10-speed auto from Honda is beautifully smooth and aggressive in sport mode thank God!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts