2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T - M.T.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I drive an Accord Sport with a manual transmission. I noticed that the shift knob does not stay in place. It slightly moves each time I shift and the leather boot also twists with it. Does anybody know how to tighten the knob so that this doesn't happen? I had emailed an employee from the dealer and he replied back that the shift knob screws on and I just need to make sure its screwed on tight. When I attempt to tighten it, the boot also turns with the shifter so I'm unsure if it will damage the boot or shifter.

Any help/advice/instructions would help.

Thanks,

One of H-towns finest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! It sounds like the knob could be tight.the boot should give a little (I'm guessing. It's been a while since my last manual vehicle) The shaft may not be connected properly at the bottom part. Maybe a visit to the service department for a demo of the issue is in order?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I took it in to the dealership today. They acknowledged that there is something wrong with it. I made an appointment to return on Friday. I won’t be able to leave the car there today. Once again thank you for your input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealership took off the trim covering the shift boot and tightened it from under the knob and boot.

I took it into the dealer at 7:30am and received a call from them at 3:30pm.

I felt like that was a lot more time than needed but the problem was fixed so I’m thankful for that.

Gillman Honda- Houston. They were very pleasant to work with. This is the same dealer I bought the car from also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts