2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As for me, the new Accord's exterior design looks outstanding and it feels like a class above vehicle. I love what Honda did to its sizes, now Accord's body is lower and wider. The new grille with the signature Honda "H" badge in chrome looks fantastic. I think that Honda made the right decision to stop their Coupe Accord version and focus on the sedan. Overall, I think that 2018 Accord exterior design looks more sleek and athletic and, in my opinion, 2018 Camry has no chances against Accord.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I actually wish they would come out with a badge just for the Accord to give it some better character along with further complementing how much higher end it got. Right now this Accord is the closest any Accord or Honda for that matter has come to Acura.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I do agree that the accords redesign is something to marvel at. It's sad to see the coupe version go, but they've done an excellent job in creating a sporty sedan. I do wish however, that they had done a little more with the front bumper, like an actual mesh grill.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I do agree that the accords redesign is something to marvel at. It's sad to see the coupe version go, but they've done an excellent job in creating a sporty sedan. I do wish however, that they had done a little more with the front bumper, like an actual mesh grill.
That mesh grille idea is what I hoped they stood away from and thankfully it did. Bolder design is what they needed but at least with brands like Mugen making a return to the Honda scene... odds are they will come out with a grille for the Accord, unless you already see some way to customize the current grille seen here with a mesh.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That mesh grille idea is what I hoped they stood away from and thankfully it did. Bolder design is what they needed but at least with brands like Mugen making a return to the Honda scene... odds are they will come out with a grille for the Accord, unless you already see some way to customize the current grille seen here with a mesh.
I mean I don't hate the current layout...it just looks a little empty to me. As you said however, I'm sure there will be aftermarket offerings. I suppose they should be applauded from trying something different from what most other manufacturers currently offer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That lower grille honestly won't look all that empty once you've installed the front license plate unless you live somewhere that doesn't legally require you to have one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
An Idea

One thing I would like to find is a piece of chrome to put on the longer flat piece under the big H on the front grille. I have looked and cant find anything. Anyone seen any available. I think that would make the front look super.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've owned my '18 LX for a few weeks, and have got a few good comments from folks, mostly in parking lots. My favorite comment:" Is that the new Accord?" Folks are also surprised when I tell them my Champagne Frost LX is only a base model Accord. I think the alloy wheels on LX give it an upscale look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts