2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tranny was happy up until the stopping point. I wanted more, lol. But as you鈥檒l hear in my new vid, my tuner had some concerns based on input/output shaft noise. I鈥檓 gonna install a trans cooler then possibly revisit. But truthfully, Im extremely happy where I鈥檓 at. Useable power throughout the power band.

* The motor however, was solid as a rock! And I was told my turbo has about 80 more hp left before maxxing out馃槼.

How'd the trans handle the hp?

Attachments

Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0
Tranny was happy up until the stopping point. I wanted more, lol. But as you鈥檒l hear in my new vid, my tuner had some concerns based on input/output shaft noise. I鈥檓 gonna install a trans cooler then possibly revisit. But truthfully, Im extremely happy where I鈥檓 at. Useable power throughout the power band.

* The motor however, was solid as a rock! And I was told my turbo has about 80 more hp left before maxxing out馃槼.
You're at over 450hp and you STILL got 80% power to go?! Dag man! Nice!

Administrator
Did you ask or your tuner mention how all these upgrades/power will impact the daily driver ability of your car? It has been my experience when vehicles get past a point of high performance upgrades it will impact their ability to be daily driver.

Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
The 10AT actually has a transmission cooler built into it.

I think once you pass 400HP and 400 TQ the transmission will start to weaken. At the HP a lot of guys running now with bigger turbos, I would be reaching out to performance transmission shops. They can do it for Audi鈥檚 and Mustangs no reason the Accord can鈥檛 be done.

That being said I鈥檇 have your tuner make a street tune and a track tune. That way your daily abilities don鈥檛 get screwed up.

Once I hit 350WHP, I鈥檓 going to call it quits for performance mods. Not trying to break records or my car lol.
Good luck 馃憤

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you ask or your tuner mention how all these upgrades/power will impact the daily driver ability of your car? It has been my experience when vehicles get past a point of high performance upgrades it will impact their ability to be daily driver.
The shift points are a little more aggressive, but overall the ride is smooth and really only wakes up when you punch it. In sport mode it鈥檚 really aggressive, but I normally only use sport at the track, or if Im making videos.

Read Only
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 10AT actually has a transmission cooler built into it.

I think once you pass 400HP and 400 TQ the transmission will start to weaken. At the HP a lot of guys running now with bigger turbos, I would be reaching out to performance transmission shops. They can do it for Audi鈥檚 and Mustangs no reason the Accord can鈥檛 be done.

That being said I鈥檇 have your tuner make a street tune and a track tune. That way your daily abilities don鈥檛 get screwed up.

Once I hit 350WHP, I鈥檓 going to call it quits for performance mods. Not trying to break records or my car lol.
Good luck 馃憤
Ill be piggy backing the external cooler off the stock one. Hopefully this will add a sufficient layer of protection. Also, I鈥檒l be doing my trans drain/fill service at closer intervals - evey 10k. If after all that it still breaks, I鈥檒l rebuild or replace it 馃し馃従鈥嶁檪锔

Administrator
The shift points are a little more aggressive, but overall the ride is smooth and really only wakes up when you punch it. In sport mode it鈥檚 really aggressive, but I normally only use sport at the track, or if Im making videos.
Ok, gotcha. Performance upgrades can be a slippery slope sometimes requiring upgrades to parts not for performance but reliability/durability. Good luck and continued success w/your build.

Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
There鈥檚 really no such thing as dyno mode.
This is how you dyno a 10AT with KTuner.

Reactions: Kenji2056 and 5840
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.