2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i just changed out my emblems in my Sport2.0T I’m going with Royal Blue accents I wanted to do an aqua kind of blue but couldn’t really find anything I liked changed the emblems out today and it was pretty easy. Also your supposed to remove your bumper and trunk lid if you wanna keep the old emblems I just pulled them off and didn’t really care what condition they were in after the fact. My steering wheel emblem is a little darker but you can’t even tell since all of them aren’t together.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello everyone i just changed out my emblems in my Sport2.0T I’m going with Royal Blue accents I wanted to do an aqua kind of blue but couldn’t really find anything I liked changed the emblems out today and it was pretty easy. Also your supposed to remove your bumper and trunk lid if you wanna keep the old emblems I just pulled them off and didn’t really care what condition they were in after the fact. My steering wheel emblem is a little darker but you can’t even tell since all of them aren’t together.
Any other stock color emblem on a White car looks catchy. Seeing a blue one for the first time. Where did you get the emblem from? What was the part no for the front one - I think the first few characters will be similar for other color ones. I was looking for a Red emblem or a White H on black background for my White car and want to order it separately, since i already have the 'Red' one in the rear.

·
Registered
148 Posts

I just got my red JDM one in today and to my surprise all it had were the two little pins which I assume are just to position it as there was no fasteners on it at all. It had adhesive covering the entire back. Is the OEM stuck on with adhesive as well? I can probably work it off with my plastic jimmy tools like one poster said.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got my red JDM one in today and to my surprise all it had were the two little pins which I assume are just to position it as there was no fasteners on it at all. It had adhesive covering the entire back. Is the OEM stuck on with adhesive as well? I can probably work it off with my plastic jimmy tools like one poster said.
Exactly, my rear Red emblem was an OEM one I bought from a local Honda dealer - it had 2 pins with Adhesive at the back.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Exactly, my rear Red emblem was an OEM one I bought from a local Honda dealer - it had 2 pins with Adhesive at the back.
How did you take off the original emblem? Did you use floss / fish line? I want to save it just in case.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How did you take off the original emblem? Did you use floss / fish line? I want to save it just in case.
Used painters tape on the emblem edges to prevent any scratches on the trunk. Initially, used 1 plastic credit card (without any engraved numbers), moved it behind the emblem - it didn't had any glue, so I am hoping you don't have either. You can feel its attached at two points (pins). Tried pulling it using 1 credit card..I wanted to pull it off without breaking it, so used a 2nd card on the other side to have equal pulls on both sides. It worked, but one side got a little bent and I straighten it again. The stock emblem quality is poor compared to the OEM red one. Didn't thought about floss or fish line - you can try these as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Used painters tape on the emblem edges to prevent any scratches on the trunk. Initially, used 1 plastic credit card (without any engraved numbers), moved it behind the emblem - it didn't had any glue, so I am hoping you don't have either. You can feel its attached at two points (pins). Tried pulling it using 1 credit card..I wanted to pull it off without breaking it, so used a 2nd card on the other side to have equal pulls on both sides. It worked, but one side got a little bent and I straighten it again. The stock emblem quality is poor compared to the OEM red one. Didn't thought about floss or fish line - you can try these as well.

So are there little knobs on the plastic pins holding it in? I may wind up doing it your way....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Okay I see the problem inside the trunk. The camera is behind there so there is a compartment which you have to get into. I used my pry tools to take the stock emblem off. The pins broke off at the tips so there must be something holding them back there. They are right behind the uprights near the crossbars of the H so that's where you will need to pry it up. I prepped with alcohol and warmed the surfaces up before applying the new emblem.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Where did you get these please? I was looking on eBay can't find the set of 3 together. I know someone else got a blue set too they said the 3 were $55 together.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice. I wondered about whether there was another color. I have radiant red and my steering wheel and rear has the red one. I decided to leave the front one alone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The stock emblems have pins that have a metal circular clip on the other side holding it in place. If you want to remove the rear emblem you will need to remove the mid plate like you are removing the tailgate lights. Using pliers you can squeeze the clips or you can use a pick to loft the tabs holding it to the emblem pins. Once those are removed you remove the emblem with whatever method you prefer. (Floss or pry tool)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts