2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I'm Dave, bought a new 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid last year. It is making a weird clicking noise that seems to be coming from inside the dash, possibly the engine.
The noise comes and goes, and continues even when I turn the car off (which makes me wonder if it is somehow related to cooling? I seem to recall the sound during the hotter weather, possibly when the AC has been on.)
Anyway, I'm about to exit my 36k warranty so I took it to the dealer. Of course they are unable to reproduce the sound.

I am worried there may be some issue that pops up after the warranty has expired.
Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:
I've taken it to the dealership three times now, with video evidence of the noise. They have said each time that they can't do anything because they aren't able to reproduce the issue.

And there are two other issues also happening, both of which I have video of: the seat adjustment does not work consistently, and the Infotainment display freezes up and is not responsive to touch.

I have since written an email and someone from customer service reached back out asking for more info. I think they are going to forward on to the dealership again, and we'll go in circles again.
Frustrating. I paid cash for a new car that works, and these three issues were brought to Honda's attention prior to exiting the 36k warranty. I hope they intend to honor it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts