2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition 1.5T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Looking for any suggestions for improving the sound system in my 2021 Sport SE 1.5T. The sound system is defintely lacking, compared to what I am used to. The sound doesn't live up to the looks of this gorgeous car! I'm not looking for bass that rattles my car and makes people say "wtf", I want a quality experience. I bought this car a month ago, and the lack of quality sound takes some of the fun out of driving, even though the car drives beautifully.

Should I revamp the whole system? Or just try a sub to start? Or new speakers to start? What should my budget realistically look like for a good system?

I've never had to improve the sound system in any of my previous vehicles. I had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with an absolutely bangin' system, and the system in the accord is weak in comparison.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went to a few audio shops today and got two quotes, both based on a JL Audio 10 inch sub and install (with amp).

The first is a powered JL Audio skinny box, with install and bass knob he quoted $850.

The Second was a bigger box, the same sub, with an added/separate amp (Kicker 800w Max), with install quoted $800 cash price.

Is this a good price for the product and installation, and are the subs mentioned worth the price? Or are there cheaper, better options and they just threw in the most expensive sub and said it was a good fit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought a JL Audio 12 inch Powerwedge+, probably going to wait and buy the speakers I want then pay someone to do the entire install.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a psu300 acd. Installs easily. Here are my impressions on the last page few posts there.
My new Kicker 47kcs6504 come for the front doors today, and the speaker baffles for the rears. Will update once they are installed and the Morels are moved to the rear deck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have an LC2i (under $100), bass knob ($40), rockford prime amp (around $120), amp kit ($40) infinity reference 860w sub ($50, discontinued), sub box ($50) and install ($120) total roughly $520. it sounds good. this sub sounds pretty close to the JL and ive had a few subs before the infinity. the box doesn't take up massive amount of trunk space. people think i have a 12" but it's only an 8"

if you're looking for an affordable setup with good sound, find something similar to mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have an LC2i (under $100), bass knob ($40), rockford prime amp (around $120), amp kit ($40) infinity reference 860w sub ($50, discontinued), sub box ($50) and install ($120) total roughly $520. it sounds good. this sub sounds pretty close to the JL and ive had a few subs before the infinity. the box doesn't take up massive amount of trunk space. people think i have a 12" but it's only an 8"

if you're looking for an affordable setup with good sound, find something similar to mine.
Thank you for providing the list of your setup! Ill definitely look into these products!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.