2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife just got 2021 honda accord 2.0 automatic put it in sport mode then pressed the plus sign paddle shifter which caused it to be in second gear for a while does the computer automatically change gears for u if not are we looking at any damages in the future

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
40 Posts
If you put your car in sports mode and drive without touching the paddle shifters then it will shift on its own but once you touch the paddles to shift(+) or down shift(-) you will now be operating the transmission manually and will have to shift it yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you put your car in sports mode and drive without touching the paddle shifters then it will shift on its own but once you touch the paddles to shift(+) or down shift(-) you will now be operating the transmission manually and will have to shift it yourself.
Thank u she didn't shift and knowing her she probably speed alot while being in 2 gear lol should she worry about any damages to the engine

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
As @RnS 2.0T said the car will shift on its own in Sport mode and if I remember correctly there is a safety feature built in that will still shift car when in the manual mode to prevent over revving the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
As @RnS 2.0T said the car will shift on its own in Sport mode and if I remember correctly there is a safety feature built in that will still shift car when in the manual mode to prevent over revving the car.
Yes, the transmission will automatically upshift for you if you forget to shift yourself. I always shift myself in my Sporty 2.0T. It's a heck of a lot of fun! haha:cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
Yes, the transmission will automatically upshift for you if you forget to shift yourself. I always shift myself in my Sporty 2.0T. It's a heck of a lot of fun! haha:cool:
Thought that was the case. True, it is fun to shift it yourself in sport mode. (y)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2.0 manual Sport and took it to the drag strip; ran 3rd gear to 92 mph, red lined and engine shut off for protection; no harm done!

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
I have a 2.0 manual Sport and took it to the drag strip; ran 3rd gear to 92 mph, red lined and engine shut off for protection; no harm done!
I would think that would be the case for manual trans since it can't change the gear as can be done w/auto transmission. There are a lot of safety features built into our cars (in the OEM settings) to protect the motors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to add to this after seeing all the talk of people who like to use the paddles. I got these carbon fiber extensions recently and it has made it MUCH easier to reach the paddles from different hand positions.

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
Had to add to this after seeing all the talk of people who like to use the paddles. I got these carbon fiber extensions recently and it has made it MUCH easier to reach the paddles from different hand positions. View attachment 5675
You have a source (link) for those?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts