2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the forums but have had my 20 2.0 T Sport for a bit over a year now.

Anyone else had the BCM crap out? Mine did, and I also am having the oil dilution issue after a cold winter. Anyone else having issues like that?

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Hello all, new to the forums but have had my 20 2.0 T Sport for a bit over a year now.

Anyone else had the BCM crap out? Mine did, and I also am having the oil dilution issue after a cold winter. Anyone else having issues like that?
Welcome to the forum... glad to have you join us.

First I've read/heard of BCM failures and the oil dilution has been mentioned before in the 1.5 Civic's but don't remember hearing any Accord's w/the issue (concern was spoke of but can't remember specifically anyone having it). Are Honda/your dealership taking care of your issues?

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
...oil dilution has been mentioned before in the 1.5 Civic's but don't remember hearing any Accord's w/the issue (concern was spoke of but can't remember specifically anyone having it...
I need to correct the above... there was mention of one Accord (1.5) that was a confirmed diagnosis of oil dilution in this thread - 2018 Honda Accord 1.5T CVT Oil Dilution/Fuel Injector Failure

Then there was discussion of that issue I posted about in another thread...
Several threads speaking of gas dilution in the oil (links below)….

2018 Accord 1.5 gas in oil - the OP thought he may have had gas in his oil but never confirmed (posted) in that thread they did.

The next two threads are discussion regarding this topic but no posts w/members stating they had gas in their oil

!.5T Problems

Gas in oil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Yes sir. Honda updated the engine tuning pre manufacturer and told me it had diluted the oil during the cold starts. Changed the oil.
Glad they (Honda/Dealership) took care of you (as they should have). Did they mention if the tuning was out of manufacturer's specs the reason for the update to the tuning needed? Just wondering if this is something we should/would all need if there is a new spec for manufacturer's (stock) tune. :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad they (Honda/Dealership) took care of you (as they should have). Did they mention if the tuning was out of manufacturer's specs the reason for the update to the tuning needed? Just wondering if this is something we should/would all need if there is a new spec for manufacturer's (stock) tune. :unsure:
The service writer just told me they had updated the tune, per honda as a "fix" for the oil dilution issue. From what I understand about the issue if you are in a warm climate it won't effect it but the cold is tough on it. Due to a slow/ long warm-up time and running rich mixture for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
The service writer just told me they had updated the tune, per honda as a "fix" for the oil dilution issue. From what I understand about the issue if you are in a warm climate it won't effect it but the cold is tough on it. Due to a slow/ long warm-up time and running rich mixture for a long time.
Thanks for the reply... I had heard/read this issue was observed more in colder climates. I live in an area that has all four seasons (winters usually not that bad but am in the same state as the OP in this thread - 2018 Honda Accord 1.5T CVT Oil Dilution/Fuel Injector Failure). Guess this is something to be watchful of. :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, this winter here in Northern Ohio was brutal so it really doesn't surprise me alot. Hopefully this issue is fixed, according to Honda it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts