2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

New member intro

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Accordian 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi. Bought a 2018 Accord a few months ago. Have had '98 Accord, '91 Civic Si and a '08 CRV. I have a question about changing the gear shift knob that I'll post separately. Main reason for buying the '18 was the manual transmission. The last time I bought a new car was in 2011 and there was very little selection due to the tsunami. I ended up getting a '11 Altima that performed flawlessly but was the first non-maual car I had ever owned. I got used to it and the cvt was efficient, but as soon as I test drove the manual accord I knew I had to go back.

#4 ·
It many of isn’t left out there that prefer manual. I also had always had manual through out my time driving. I was the last 3-4 years in a 2013 Edge and 2015 Edge. I only had my 2015 for a year before I decided I needed to get back into a manual ! ?

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Manual cars are becoming more and more rare, so the Accord could be the last one you find unless you go for those high performance models. Personally not a fan of them because of how much city driving I do and it's just a pain after getting stuck in traffic for an hour.
But everyone has their preferences.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.