2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone,

I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction with choosing an exhaust.

I own a 2018 sport 1.5T, and have only done cosmetic modifications and now I feel like It's time to go into the deep end, metaphorically.

I am a student so my pockets aren’t exactly full of spending cash but I want my car to sound better than stock (at least). My budget is not to go over $500 CAD. I'm also new to car modding and tuning in general, that's mainly why I registered here.

my biggest question is: if I only add aftermarket exhaust tips would that have any sound effect at all? or just cosmetic difference.

If anyone here knows any parts or stores that will ship to Ontario, Canada or if anyone could just point me in the right direction that would be amazing.

to add on I'm not looking to wake up my entire street when I leave my garage, just a nice powerfull-ish sound that is better than stock

I will post some pictures of what I've done so far, and also hopefully get inspired by some of y'alls work as well :)

Cheers and Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow... did not even consider this. thanks for the vid
My advice is to at least remove the resonator and if you want to be louder, remove both mufflers. My friend also has a 1.5t and he chopped both res and mufflers and his car burbles off slight throttle, his car is not crazy loud either, sounds really good tho. Removing the mufflers and leaving the resonator will do no difference in sound if your car is stocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My advice is to at least remove the resonator and if you want to be louder, remove both mufflers. My friend also has a 1.5t and he chopped both res and mufflers and his car burbles off slight throttle, his car is not crazy loud either, sounds really good tho. Removing the mufflers and leaving the resonator will do no difference in sound if your car is stocked.
Yes I am stock, you think if I just take off one muffler and do nothing more it wont change much? the guy in the video saying that he kept the rest and only took one side off and it sounds pretty good, but you think he has some other things that are helping make that sound?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I am stock, you think if I just take off one muffler and do nothing more it wont change much? the guy in the video saying that he kept the rest and only took one side off and it sounds pretty good, but you think he has some other things that are helping make that sound?
yeah it sounds good but he also has a 2.0t with down pipe and tune. which effects it significantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts