2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. And gals. I’m Ryan. Have a 2019 2.0T sport 6MT.
I work for American Honda. I deal a lot with the service manual publishing and training the dealership techs. If you guys have any questions about this or any other Honda, hit me up. Chances are if I don’t know it I can contact the people who would. Just don’t ask me about future vehicles. Obviously I can’t comment on that.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Welcome aboard Ryan glad to have you join us. Thanks for offering your assistance and providing information when you can. Looking forward to your input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I work for American Honda. I deal a lot with the service manual publishing and training the dealership techs. If you guys have any questions about this or any other Honda, hit me up. Chances are if I don’t know it I can contact the people who would. Just don’t ask me about future vehicles. Obviously I can’t comment on that.
Hello Ryan and welcome. I have a 2019 1.5 Sport. Where would you recommend going for the first oil Change. I usually go to Jiffy Lube with my old cars but with this one I am on the fence about going there. Also I am not able to do it my self due to neighbor hood restrictions we are not able to do any mechanical work on vehicles or we get fined due to oil spills and chemicals. What should I do. When I walked out of the dealer ship I did not buy any warranty or any additional services. All I know is that I have this 3 year thing that comes stock with all new purchases but not even sure what is covered in that. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will be a great resource for all of us owners with questions about our vehicles. I've got the 2018 Accord hybrid. Best car I've ever had and that covers 45 years and probably at least 25 vehicles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I work for American Honda. I deal a lot with the service manual publishing and training the dealership techs. If you guys have any questions about this or any other Honda, hit me up. Chances are if I don’t know if I can contact the people who would. Just don’t ask me about future vehicles. Obviously, I can’t comment on that.
Thanks for offering your knowledge to us but you will be inundated by simple questions that don't need your expertise, like the one below. :crying:

Hello Ryan and welcome. I have a 2019 1.5 Sport. Where would you recommend going for the first oil Change? I usually go to Jiffy Lube with my old cars but with this one, I am on the fence about going there. Also, I am not able to do it my self due to neighborhood restrictions we are not able to do any mechanical work on vehicles or we get fined due to oil spills and chemicals. What should I do? When I walked out of the dealership I did not buy any warranty or any additional services. All I know is that I have this 3-year thing that comes stock with all new purchases but not even sure what is covered in that. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Reactions: GrumpyGills

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would recommend taking your brand new car to the dealer for service. Did you expect me to say anything else? Haha.
Honestly, I wouldn’t go anywhere near a jiffy lube type shop. Yes, it’s cheap. But I’ve seen far too many warranty claims get rejected because an aftermarket filter failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We haven’t really seen any issue that is only applicable to the 6sp version of the vehicle. The transmission is very robust. It is a similar design to the trans used in the Accord coupe v6 6sp.
It’s also very much like the civic type r trans but with different 5-6 and final drive ratios. And the accord has an open diff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome Ryan. If you check out some of the problems that 10th gen owners have mentioned on here, we'd like to have your input on how they are getting resolved. My question is on the Honda Sensing. esp CMBS. Has Honda found a fix for this issue? I know that they issued an TSB earlier this month with some software changes, did that fix the problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts