2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 10th Gen owners, I'm the proud new owner of a 2019 Sport 2.0 with the "less than stellar" sound system. Well, actually now that I am older I will say that the stereo itself isn't terrible, it just lacks any low end. Not an audiophile, nor am I looking to rattle the badging off, but I need a little more kick (drum sounds mostly) without breaking the bank or modifying the car too much.

I was curious if anyone has gone with an 8" powered "under seat" subwoofer? I utilize my trunk and really don't want the hassle of having to move a big box around, nor do I really want to modify the rear deck. Seems to me with my limited needs for some bass, an under seat unit may work.

Looking for opinions, advice, suggestions in that arena. I would not be doing the work myself, while ok with learning and the DIY ethos I usually find that I spend more time and resources (and frustration) in trying to do it myself.

Also, do I have to disconnect the noise reduction no matter what I install? Or is that just for the bigger, more substantial systems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My '15 EX-L V6 was totaled and I just picked up the '19 Sport 2.0. I previously had an 8" free air sub in the deck which I'm looking into doing in this car too. Unfortunately from the trunk you can see there is not hole cutout so I will have to take off the deck cover and see what it looks like. Hopefully the mounting bracket is the same and I can just cut the hole from the bottom and drop the sub in. This is the best option for really good SQ that stays in the cabin and zero trunk rattle, though certainly not the loudest or cleanest for the most die hard of audiophiles. I'll try to report back what I find once I get this project started.

Hello fellow 10th Gen owners, I'm the proud new owner of a 2019 Sport 2.0 with the "less than stellar" sound system. Well, actually now that I am older I will say that the stereo itself isn't terrible, it just lacks any low end. Not an audiophile, nor am I looking to rattle the badging off, but I need a little more kick (drum sounds mostly) without breaking the bank or modifying the car too much.

I was curious if anyone has gone with an 8" powered "under seat" subwoofer? I utilize my trunk and really don't want the hassle of having to move a big box around, nor do I really want to modify the rear deck. Seems to me with my limited needs for some bass, an under seat unit may work.

Looking for opinions, advice, suggestions in that arena. I would not be doing the work myself, while ok with learning and the DIY ethos I usually find that I spend more time and resources (and frustration) in trying to do it myself.

Also, do I have to disconnect the noise reduction no matter what I install? Or is that just for the bigger, more substantial systems?

·
Registered
6 Posts

I have the factory upgrade sub from crutchfield. It evens out the bass for sure. I had a guy install it, so I don't actually know how hard it will be

·
Registered
7 Posts

Just know that there is a sub woofer control setting in the audio menu. you have to scroll down below bass setting to see if it. It took me a few weeks to figure out it was there. it does help some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry
Just know that there is a sub woofer control setting in the audio menu. you have to scroll down below bass setting to see if it. It took me a few weeks to figure out it was there. it does help some. - Sorry that’s only for the cars with subwoofer upgrade I don’t think yours has not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts